The Mind boggles: KMT Commercial

[quote=“sandman”]Yep, looks like I’ll have to eat some crow – it’s the same bloke, right enough. I do need glasses. :blush:
Sure seems to be a prick, that’s for sure.[/quote]
Make that an order for two. The thing is, my wife and a friend of hers (also Taiwanese) both say that it’s not him. :s I’m confused.

I guess it’s because it’s just hard to believe that he will sink that low, plus he took off his glasses and looked different from his ordinary image. He just wants to take cheap shots at the green camp, but took down the links ever since TVBS took notice of his offensive ads and report it on TV.

tvbs.com.tw/news/news_list.a … 1109180842

Since I am so nice, always looking to help the KMT out, spreading their ideology, I’ll help to promote the rest of Chou’s ads, for free.

Link 1: 拜票篇
Link 2: 清新篇 Hot!!
Link 3: 棒球篇

By the way, I didn’t join the discussion in another thread “Lian Zhan: Murder the President” because I felt it’s just arguing semantics.

But pleast take a look at this MTV/KMT clip here 真心真意過一生, see 1:30 minutes into the clip, and you’ll see what I mean. (This is not the only example since they said it so many other times)

Another good KMT/MTV clip KMT末代王朝, but 1:00 into the clip there’s footage that might disturbe some people due to it’s violent content, so some might want to slip it.

[quote=“steve101”]
But pleast take a look at this MTV/KMT clip here 真心真意過一生, see 1:30 minutes into the clip, and you’ll see what I mean. (This is not the only example since they said it so many other times)

Another good KMT/MTV clip KMT末代王朝, but 1:00 into the clip there’s footage that might disturbe some people due to it’s violent content, so some might want to slip it.[/quote]

Sorry for blowing your bubble, but the 2 clips there are NOT KMT, that’s for bloody sure.

Well, the clip is made by us, and it’s about the KMT, their actions, and how it appears in our eyes. The lyrics discribes things very well too.

It is very well made, I like the first one, as only scant traces of manipulation are visible.

The old execution scenes in the second one are from where?

I know they were about the KMT, but certainly not made by them…

I think it was cut from a 228/White Terror documentary film, you can see original subtitle right under the lyrics subtitle.

BTW, I hope those in the other thread who thought Lien was misquoted or mistranslated, can see the first clip and get the matters settled once and for all. I have no idea why people knows Chinese but still get confused about the meanings, granted it was a figurative speech in Lien’s case, but he knows what his words means. The only difference is that, in that KMT’s Legislator’s case, the Legislator gave further clarification right after the figurative sentence, and Lien did not. But still, they both mean the same, in it’s definition, meaning, and mentality.

It’s not like KMT/PFP are ashamed of their outrageous positions, they make no secrets of their feelings anyway. James Soong were even more blunt about his intentions, but the media just choose to blocked it out, that’s all. Remember couple month back when there were a couple pan-blue cover-up students protesting against Chen? Right in front of the camera, James Soong spoke to the students, and shouted “If Chen is not willing to compromise, I’ll lead you to charge into his office, to catch him alive, to shoot him dead.” (我帶你們衝進總統府,活捉陳水扁,槍殺陳水扁,好不好?!) The media tried to down play his words, by cutting off the footage of his last two sentences, or by muting it. But since there were one station that did not mute it complete enough, and people recorded the footage to the computer, we’ll able to turn the volume all the way up hear and see what was his true words. In year 2000 they said the exact same thing about Lee, saying in front of his home that they will catch him dead or alive.

When the KMT’s Legislator said those words that it is every ROC citizen’s responsibility to assassinate Chen because he stole the election. One of their supporters took these words too serious, and spoke too frankly about his intents, which got the police concerned. That supporter was later investigated and fined. All Lien/Soong is trying to do is to incite their crowds as much as possible to gather their personal support, so they will use the type of language that’s necessary to incite those feelings. So maybe we’ll all getting used to hearing these type of remarks in Taiwan’s politics since it’s pretty much the typical norm, but still, why some people, who doesn’t necessarily support Lien anyway, are trying to excuse the him by saying that he was misquoted?

Steve,

Your second MTV link is dead now. Did you come under hacker attack or what?

[quote=“Col Kurtz”]Steve,

Your second MTV link is dead now. Did you come under hacker attack or what?[/quote]

Good Link = taiwan-kuso.myweb.hinet.net/kmt.wmv
Bad Link = taiwan-kuso.myweb.hinet.net/KMT.wmv

Sorry, the forum is behaving strangely and is messing up the link

[quote=“steve101”]
Right in front of the camera, James Soong spoke to the students, and shouted “If Chen is not willing to compromise, I’ll lead you to charge into his office, to catch him alive, to shoot him dead.” (我帶你們衝進總統府,活捉陳水扁,槍殺陳水扁,好不好?!)[/quote]

Sorry again, seem even myself misquoted James Soong since I was just trying to remember it off the top of my heads. His exact words actually were “Rush into the Presidential Office, kill Chen-Shui-Bian, or catch him alive” 宋楚瑜:「陳水扁先生 四月十號以前 你如果 再不對於這些年輕朋友們所提出來的 這些請求 宋楚瑜 陪大家 一起衝進總統府 殺掉陳水扁 或 活捉他 好不好~」

I notice someone made that into a song too, you can find it here taiwan-kuso.myweb.hinet.net/index4.htm , you can hear him saying it 1:22 minites into the song.

Since this thread has pretty much degenerated into posting propaganda videos for the respective sides, I suppose I might as well throw in my bit too. Someone afterall has to represent the mainland. Without further ado china-military.org/events/video/one.rm Its a hefty file, nearly 80 megs so don’t bother unless you have broadband. However, its quite good, martial music, goose stepping, commies, and even a couple of nuclear missiles! I’ve never been a fan of naked intimidation, as I think it is rather crass and can be counter-productive, but maybe a little fear put into the hearts of the separatists is all thats needed. (p.s. Chinese goose-stepping isn’t nearly aggressive enough, the North Korean variant is much more active and it doesn’t even involve any movement of the arms. Much better at conveying the jackboot > face message that it’s meant to)[/url]

Um, exactly how has this thread “degenerated into posting propaganda films”? One person posted a couple of short bits that he made, got a couple of comments, and then went back to the topic? Mind you, it wouldn’t be like you to miss a chance at propagandizing, no matter how spurious the excuse.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

The TVBS story says:

(Roughly, "Gulping down noodles, yelling at people, the scene is quite obviously lifted from the Stephen Chow (Zhou Xingchi) film “God of Gamblers”)
Now my question here is, wasn’t “God of Gamblers” a Chow Yun-fat film? “God of Gamblers 2” was a Stephen Chow vehicle. So which film is it copying, “God of Gamblers” or the Stephen Chow “God of Gamblers 2”?

Oh cmon, cmdjing, be fair. I was being quite balanced for each perspective and posted 4 links of campaign ads, which was made by the KMT politicians themselves, and only posted 3 links for the Pro-Green side.

I think I was already being a little bit unfair towards my fellow green-camp supporters judging from me posting a greater number of links that’s Pro-Blue. But just so you won’t complaint further, I’ll post even more Pro-Blue/Red stuff to show my fairness and unbias view.

Here we go:

Isn’t that nice.

I believe it’s Stephen Chow “God of Gamblers 2

home.so-net.net.tw/burgess9/aass/st.wmv

That’s the original clip from Chow’s film. But this whole ad is really funny because you pay attention to the end of the original clip, it ended with the other actor calling Chow an idiot (神經病).

So in this ad, we have Justin Chou cursing President Chen out with 0678(你老其邁), but what he forgot to show us is that at the end, Chen is suppose to answer by saying Chou is an idiot, heheh.

steve, none of your links work now, and your pic has been turned upside down…

Been hacked?

[quote]Tetsuo wrote:
Now my question here is, wasn’t “God of Gamblers” a Chow Yun-fat film? “God of Gamblers 2” was a Stephen Chow vehicle. So which film is it copying, “God of Gamblers” or the Stephen Chow “God of Gamblers 2”?

I believe it’s Stephen Chow “God of Gamblers 2” [/quote]

Actually, it’s more complicated.

God of Gamblers (Du Shen) was directed by Wong Jing starring Chow Yun-fat (Jiu Renfa). It was so successful that it spawned dozens of copycat movies. Wong Jing directed two more ‘gambler’ movies, which starred Stephen Chow, but not as the character in GOG1, so not really a sequel. In Englsih, these got called GOG2 and 3, but that’s not the Chinese name.

Then Chow Yun-fat came back to reprise his role in what was also called GOG 2 (and GOG Returns, ro something in Chinese). This is what most people mean when they refer to GOG2 in English). Wong Jing also made a prequel called GOG3 in English, or GOG the Early Days in Chinese. This didn’t star Chow Yun-fat, but did have his character.

Baack to topic: I couldn’t see the clip, so don’t know which one it’s spoofing, but this sort of ‘Du Shen’ stuff got made so well known by this bunch of 90s films, that it may not be spoofing any one in particular. It’s a genre, that anyone in Taiwan would recognise.

Brian