The Morgue 2007

Continuing in the tradition of mod lang’s The Morgue 2006, the 2007 version.

Who’s going to be first up??? :s

[i]Semper Paratus[/i], eh?

Tempus fugit, and then you’re dead!

My old man was right when he said each year goes by quicker than the one before it.

We lose a lot of big names each year. I guess we say good riddance to some also! :wink:

Do you have to book a place, now?

It’s best if you don’t. But tickets do go on sale in about 28 hours.

Cos I was hoping to get a last minute booking in around 2020.

I’d like to say that we lost a couple of Forumosans in 2006.

Two young people, I believe, to drunk driving accidents.

Please folks, please, if in ANY doubt, take a taxi home.

jdsad :frowning:

Be safe folks. Please.

The first of the year…
news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s … 222695.stm
Darrent Williams. Surely can’t be good news for a Denver Bronco’s fan

24… just a baby!!!

I’ve been thinking of this whole legends dying so there are fewer and fewer legends left. And then I think of what we are replacing them with… the Beyonces, Britney Spearses, Rob Schneiders, Johnny Knoxes, and Justin Timberlakes of today. Ai-yo! :doh:

Give me back James Brown and Lucille Ball!

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I’ve been thinking of this whole legends dying so there are fewer and fewer legends left. And then I think of what we are replacing them with… the Beyonces, Britney Spearses, Rob Schneiders, Johnny Knoxes, and Justin Timberlakes of today. Ai-yo! :doh:

Give me back James Brown and Lucille Ball![/quote]

I was dating a Taiwanese woman a few years back. We were lying in bed when I asked a really stupid question…“Tell me something that will shock me”…

She hummed and hawed and then told me that she had slept with Rob Schneider once when he was in Taipei promoting the movie “The Animal”

I am still undergoing extensive therapy

I wish this was a joke
:s

Hey, we’ve all eaten instant noodles…
Thanks for the mien, Momofuku.

The inventor of instant noodles, Momofuku Ando, has died in Japan, aged 96, of a heart attack.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p … 013.stm?ls

sf

Canadian boxing great Yvon Durelle dies

sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home … yline=True

Yvonne De Carlo, ‘Munsters’ star, dead

cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/1 … index.html

Ah. Lily! I loved her!

Robert Anton Wilson, co-author of The Illuminatus Trilogy, author of Schrodinger’s Cat, and many others.

Died January 11, 2007 4:50am.

robertantonwilson.blogspot.com/2 … sence.html

(His official site rawilson.com/ is temporarily down while we figure out where to get more bandwidth for it.)

It’s back up now, hosted on HostGator. It’s doing doing about 1gb of traffic an hour right now (eep!).

Art Buchwald, Pulitzer Prize-winning US humorist and author, has died at age 81.

There goes a great one!

A brave man lost. :frowning:

[quote=“Hrant Dink”]A prominent Turkish-Armenian editor, convicted in 2005 of insulting Turkish identity, has been shot dead outside his newspaper’s office in Istanbul.

Crowds of Hrant Dink’s colleagues and supporters gathered at the scene, chanting their outrage at his murder.

Dink was given a six-month suspended sentence in October 2005 after writing about the Armenian “genocide” of 1915.
[…]
Dink, 53, was found guilty more than a year ago of insulting Turkish identity after he wrote an article which addressed the mass killings of Ottoman Armenians nine decades ago.

He always said his aim was to improve the difficult relationship between Turks and Armenians, but in one of his last newspaper columns, he admitted he had been getting deaths threats. [/quote]