The Morgue 2007

Well, we can hope that his death will help the efforts to bring about the change he was working for. Often that is the case.

[quote]Bam Bam Bigelow passes away
Written: January 20, 2007

WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott “Bam Bam” Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

“We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown,” Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

Bigelow, 45, worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he is perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995.

Stay tuned to WWE.com as more on Bigelow’s passing becomes available.
wwe.com/inside/news/bambampasses[/quote]

Scott had a real bad motorcycle accident in 2005. He’s been recovering from it for quite a while. His girlfriend wad injured pretty badly in it also.
RIP Big Guy.

sptimes.com/2005/11/17/Flori … _Bam.shtml

Mamas and Papas’ Doherty dies at 66

MISSISSAUGA, Ontario (AP) – Denny Doherty, one-quarter of the 1960s folk-rock group the Mamas and the Papas, known for their soaring harmony on hits like "California Dreamin’ " and “Monday, Monday,” died Friday at 66.

cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 … index.html

Doherty, far left.

Your’re surprised?!?!?!? :unamused:

telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh … rkey20.xml

Odd thing to shout if the person who shot him were a Turkish nationalist.
Far odder still if he were an Armenian.

Surprised? Not really.
There are far too many too ready to resort to violence.

And too many kids just old enough to get it wrong, it seems.[quote=“BBC”]The main suspect in the murder of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink has been arrested, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said.

The governor of Istanbul said police captured Ogun Samast, aged 16 or 17, on a bus in the Black Sea city of Samsun.

Mr Samast was earlier named as the suspect pictured in security camera images near the scene of the killing.
[…]
The suspect was identified by his own father when he saw television images taken at the scene of Friday’s killing.[/quote]

NHL Hall of Fame goaltender Gump Worsley (what a name…) has died, at 77.
Brave lad that he was, he didn’t wear a mask until the final season of his 21-year NHL career.

sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2745655

Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro cools down after a morning workout in Fair Hill, Md., in this May 18, 2006 file photo. Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro was euthanized Monday, Jan. 29, 2007, after complications from his breakdown at the Preakness last May. (AP Photo/Garry Jones, FILE)

Kentucky Derby Winner Barbaro Euthanized
Barbaro and histrainers have went thru a lot of grief since his Preaknes injuries. It was a very hard decision to make. A beautiful horse.

At the Kentucky Derby

[quote=The Natal Witness]

Another victim of the casual disregard for life which characterises the general nature of crime here… So sad. :frowning:

Molly Ivins, of cancer.
Her heart was so big, it’s a great loss. :America:

NO!!! No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOooooOOOOoooOO!!!
That’s ALMOST as bad as when Douglas Adams died.
I HATE it when good writers die.

Anna Nicole Smith, dead at age 39.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/08/anna.nicole.collapses/index.html

Sounds like she was offed.

From what I saw of her, she had some serious problems with substances and emotions and stuff, and no room, capacity, or help to deal with it whatsoever. I guess we shall learn more after the autopsy. I kina feel sorry for her. 39.

She had more problems than any of us could’ve handled. Parents divorced; married and gave birth as a teen, divorced shortly after, shot to superstardom but had major yo-yo weight problems, married 80 yr-old billionaire and inherited huge fortune when he died year later, inheritance overturned on appeal then dragged all the way to USSupCt, just gave birth as single mother, 20 yr old son OD’d shortly thereafter, plus various other lawsuits, patrimony suits, etc. I feel sorry for her too. This end seemed somewhat inevitable.

The name vaguely rings a bell. :idunno:

[quote=“Mer”]NHL Hall of Fame goaltender Gump Worsley (what a name…) has died, at 77.
Brave lad that he was, he didn’t wear a mask until the final season of his 21-year NHL career.

sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2745655
[/quote]

Wow…I hadn’t heard this. He and Rogetien Vachon were the Habs tandem during my hockey awakening. I even named an early smurf of Toe Save’s after him. Anyone remember The Gumper? Well, here ya go. I even had his handsome mug up as an avatar for awhile.

Well, now he’s back to doing what he loved to do. He’s probably up in that big crease in the sky, seeing more rubber than an East Hastings Ho on a Welfare Wednesday.

FTR, I think Eddie Giacoman was the last to don a mask, but The Gumper was right up there with him.

Keep on keepin’ 'em out Gumper. This is your paint.

Ian Richardson, top actor from classic TV series House Of Cards
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6346301.stm

Damn he was good in that series… any UK folk remember that? Love to see that one again…

[quote=“Funk500”]Ian Richardson, top actor from classic TV series House Of Cards
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6346301.stm

Damn he was good in that series… any UK folk remember that? Love to see that one again…[/quote]

I fondly remember that series. It was shown in NZ in the mid-90s.

“You may very well think that, but I couldn’t possibly comment.”

Classic.

She had more problems than any of us could’ve handled. Parents divorced; married and gave birth as a teen, divorced shortly after, shot to superstardom but had major yo-yo weight problems, married 80 yr-old billionaire and inherited huge fortune when he died year later, inheritance overturned on appeal then dragged all the way to USSupCt, just gave birth as single mother, 20 yr old son OD’d shortly thereafter, plus various other lawsuits, patrimony suits, etc. I feel sorry for her too. This end seemed somewhat inevitable.[/quote]

Don’t feel too sorry for her. America is going to imortalize her in some form or fashion. People are already drawing the Marylin Monroe comparison. All her “friends” are coming out to speak on her behalf and bash her current ‘husband’ . I saw her last interview, and her speech was slurred and she looked out of it. But her son had died, so I just wrote it off as heavy sedation. She also looked like she had just gotten some Restylane done also.
Hollywood loves tragic deaths. Sick