The Morgue - 2010

Sandro, “the Argentinian Elvis”. favorite of Mom and aunts, until they got religion.

Apparently it’s true, money can’t buy happiness.

Beautiful, filthy-rich, 30-yr old heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, and daughter of the NY Jets’ owner, dead of “natural causes.” They say she had drug problems. She’s on the left here, besider her “fiancee” Tila Tequila.

oh man, Tila surely has had a bad run-in with lovers.

How many have mysteriously died? :ponder:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Apparently it’s true, money can’t buy happiness.

Beautiful, filthy-rich, 30-yr old heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, and daughter of the NY Jets’ owner, dead of “natural causes.” They say she had drug problems. She’s on the left here, besider her “fiancee” Tila Tequila.

[/quote]

hmmmm…why the " "? They were engaged.

Why the " " around engaged? Because I don’t believe engaged has any fixed, legal meaning, so it can be unclear what it means; because I don’t know if they really were engaged or not; because I don’t believe there’s any reliable method of determining if a total stranger is engaged; because it’s my understanding that most jurisdictions don’t recognize same-sex marriage, which I would expect to be the goal of engaged people; because one of the two was in the news just a couple of months ago with a man who was then described as her boyfriend; because that same party announced last month that she was pregnant with a surrogate baby for her brother, and then retracted that statement; because I understand they’ve both had a fair share of drugs, turmoil and emotional events in their lives and are/were a couple of pop, celebrity, socialite, reality-TV entertainers, all of which might cause one to question the sincerity of their professed engagement; and because Tequila apparently refers/referred to Johnson as her “wifey” and the media keeps putting that in quotes.

I’ve got nothing against same-sex marriage; I just don’t know if they really were engaged or not. In any event, too bad for both of them and their families. RIP.

yeah, I also don’t think it is legal where they are. It’s kindof funny because you never hear about a person and then all of a sudden it’s all over the news because they died. I can’t remember anyone ever liking Michael Jackson here but all of a sudden everyone’s obsessed.

Michael Jackson’s dead? Wow. Sandman will be devastated.

Missed this one from December.

James Gurley, guitarist of Big Brother & the Holding Company (Janis Joplin) and hippie icon.

music-mix.ew.com/2009/12/25/james-gurley-dies/

Great farewell to Rowland Howard:

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/people/farewell-for-ridiculous-singular-charismatic-individual-20100107-lwrs.html

Michael Jackson? Who the fuck is HE? :unamused:
Nah, I did an image search for that Terquila woman and BOY oh BOY, does she EVER have a pair of HOOTERS! Careful with those things, baby! You’ll have somebody’s eye out if you’re not careful! :astonished:

[quote=“Fox”]Great farewell to Rowland Howard:

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/people/farewell-for-ridiculous-singular-charismatic-individual-20100107-lwrs.html[/quote]
Nice touch from that article.

[quote]Fans of Howard’s distinctive guitar style will be pleased to know that he died with a plectrum in his pocket.
[/quote]
HG

Michael Jackson? Who the fuck is HE? :unamused:
Nah, I did an image search for that Terquila woman and BOY oh BOY, does she EVER have a pair of HOOTERS! Careful with those things, baby! You’ll have somebody’s eye out if you’re not careful! :astonished:[/quote]
I’d be very surprised if that was ALL you got on a google search of young Tila…

The burned body of an aspiring Playboy model has been found in a rubbish bin

[quote]Paula Sladewski - who appeared in the video Playboy: The Ultimate Playmate Search - was so badly burned officials had to use dental records to identify her.

A passer-by had alerted the authorities after seeing a bin on fire in a Miami street.[/quote]

Miep Gies died, at 100 years old. I remember reading about her as a child and thinking how brave and kind she was. Rest in peace; you did something wonderful with your life.

The singing in Heaven just got sweeter.

Soul Singer Teddy Pendergrass Dies at 59

It Don’t Hurt Now

Long-time rugby union commentator Bill McLaren has died at the age 86, it was announced on Tuesday.

McLaren, from Hawick, was known as the “voice of rugby” after almost 50 years as a national broadcaster.

He retired in 2002, having made his first appearance on national BBC radio in 1953.

He received an OBE, CBE and MBE for services to the sport and combined his work as a broadcaster with that of a PE teacher until 1987.
I used to love getting up in the middle of the night to hear his commentary when the All Blacks were playing up north.R.I.P.

[quote=“Wandering”]Long-time rugby union commentator Bill McLaren has died at the age 86, it was announced on Tuesday.

McLaren, from Hawick, was known as the “voice of rugby” after almost 50 years as a national broadcaster.

He retired in 2002, having made his first appearance on national BBC radio in 1953.

He received an OBE, CBE and MBE for services to the sport and combined his work as a broadcaster with that of a PE teacher until 1987.
I used to love getting up in the middle of the night to hear his commentary when the All Blacks were playing up north.R.I.P.[/quote]

Yep, saw that, also. He’ll be missed. Fortunately, rugby is the game they play in Heaven, so he should be just fine. :wink:

RIP uncle Bill.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8476400.stm
Jean Simmons

[quote=“Funk500”]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8476400.stm
Jean Simmons[/quote]

My mum mentioned this to me this morning and I thought she mean’t the bloke from KISS. Created quite an interesting conversation along the lines of me trying to find out why she’d heard of Gene Simmons. You had to be there, but it was very funny.