The Morgue 2020

I really like Moore. There, I’ve said it.

3 Likes

It’s identikit:

1 Like

Me too. I think it’s because he’s the one I grew up with, watching Bond on TV with the parents. Yup, his films are silly - but that’s the version of Bond I imprinted on. (Which may be why I respect Craig, but haven’t really enjoyed his Bond as much.)

1 Like

What we now need is a monumental row of a thread about who played Bond the best.

“I think he’s attempting reentry, sir.”

2 Likes

Looks like that ground’s been covered …

4 Likes

What do you mean ???

connery 2

1 Like

Of course we shouldn’t forget the other iconic roles:

And marvelous accent work, as a Spaniard …

… and a Russian …

… and whatever the heck was going on in Zardoz (one of these days I should actually watch more than 60 seconds of that thing):

3 Likes

Whoah! Are you trying to get @Icon involved here? :rofl:

Guy

5 Likes

Forgot this one. :wink:

5 Likes

The Man Who Would be King is my favourite Connery film.

2 Likes

Yeah I was kicking myself a few minutes later about that. It’s quite a list: not sure who could match it for iconic and famous characters, at least for audiences of Gen X vintage.

1 Like

“There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in man.”
-Sean Connery

An inspiration

Second greatest Sean in history… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

The Spy Who Love Me was the first movie I ever saw at the theater.

Never a big fan of the series though.

Liked Connery’s other work immensely though.

Well, not all of it. :wink:

1 Like

Best movie was “The Man Who Wold Be King”.
(This is the first time i looked in this thread- just assumed it was about old stories. And here’s me, berating the mods for not having an obituaries thread- ooops.)

2 Likes

This one is a few days old.

"Chiang had to flee her home a second time when the Communists took over. She wound up in the U.S., where she was both shocked and amused by the food most Americans considered to be Chinese — like gloppy chop suey. “They think chop suey is the only thing we have in China,” she said with a laugh. “What a shame.”

3 Likes

Jesus that “Wold” has be seriously triggered :triumph:

1 Like

John Sessions, comedian.