The Morgue 2020

I will take no part in what this means legally or politically.
Just RIP.
She fought a good fight against cancer, as I know firsthand from a close family member who died from another form of it.

6 Likes

Many will. And so now have.

Politically, it means Kate McKinnon needs to get her ghost make-up ready.
:ghost: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Uh, oh. From the article:

So what happens in the coming weeks will be bare-knuckle politics, writ large, on the stage of a presidential election.

Gore discovered a new form of a polymer in 1969 at a company lab in Newark, Delaware. His father, who began the company, asked Bob Gore to research a new way to manufacturer plumber’s tape at a low cost using PTFE, commonly known as DuPont’s Teflon, The News Journal of Wilmington reported.

The son figured out that by stretching PTFE with a sudden yank, the polymer expanded by 1,000 percent. The resulting product, known as ePTFE, created a microporous structure. The introduction of Gore-Tex technology came seven years later.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Jizzie P is dead! Yet more evidence that “aspiring rapper” is the most dangerous job in the world. :cry:

At least have the respect to get his name right. It’s Jizzle P. Were you perhaps thinking of P Jizzie? :thinking:

1 Like
1 Like

Sayers was the Bears’ OG Walter Payton. For reference, Lamar Jackson has a similar running style. rip

Oh man. Lonsdale was in two of my favorite movies, The Day of the Jackal and Ronin. He brought a kind of hound-dog stoicism to his characters that just soaked up then beamed back, intensified, the thrill in thrillers.

RIP

“That was one of the reasons that I stopped singing, was when I was shown a modern American history high-school textbook, and a whole chapter on feminism and my name and my lyrics (were) in the book,” she told the AP. “And I thought, `Well, I’m part of history now. And how do I top that? I can’t top that.′ So, it was an easy withdrawal.”

2 Likes

His cartoons always gave me food for thought

Really, now 2020 crossed the line…

3 Likes

Didn’t you use to have Mafalda as your avatar? Or was that Battery9? I’m getting forgetful in my old age. Someone used it.

1 Like

Used to, yeah. Sigh.

1 Like

Did other people sing his songs or is he famous for singing them?

https://g.co/kgs/cfA4UY

His concerts were stellar. A true world class performance. Saw him live sadly, only once.

1 Like

I saw Colbert and actor Jeff Daniels talking about him recently during an interview So I became curious.