The Morgue 2021

Tragic news from Kaohsiung. RIP.

Guy

2 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hasta la Rumsfeld

Goonies never say…

3 Likes

Lethal Weapon is a guilty pleasure of mine. Not as guilty as Die Hard, but close.

2 Likes

Lethal Weapon 2 is the best one imo.

“Diplomatic immunity!”

blam

“It’s just been… revoked!”

Now I’m pretty sure a cop isn’t allowed to shoot an unarmed man in the head, corrupt apartheid diplomat or not, but it’s a damn cool scene.

5 Likes

My South African chum thought that Patsy Kensit and Joss Ackland were South African.

1 Like

Living down on the beach in the mobile home. Having hot chicks round. Good stuff . :grin:

1 Like

The Superman sequels would have been a lot better if they hadn’t fired him during II.

Before I check that was Superman 2?

I thought it ended up the best Superman movie.

EDIT: I’ve looked it up now and Donner directed most of it before he was replaced.

Have you seen the Donner version of II?
Lester’s main task in completing Superman II was to film cheaply and quickly, and to avoid further budget or scheduling overruns. According to many of the cast and crew, this entailed a noticeable drop in the quality of film-making. Certain scenes were hastily re-written and shot quickly.

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut | Superman Wiki | Fandom

2 Likes

The original Donner cut was supposed to be better (haven’t seen either version tbh).

I haven’t, but that’s set me something to do during the summer vacation. Cheers, sir!

The guy who replaced him was a bit of a character. He filmed two Musketeers movies at the same time without letting the actors know. Oliver Reed and others had to sue him.

My favourite Reed clips
(1681) Oliver Reed gets sloshed and irks feminist Kate Millett on After Dark | 1991 - YouTube
(1681) Shelly Winters Dumps Her Drink All Over Oliver Reed on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson - YouTube

1 Like

Oliver Reed was the only actor alive who could make Russell Crowe seem effeminate by comparison. They didn’t get along and according to Crowe he was a wild man even in his 60s, getting hammered and even getting into bar brawls every night while shooting ‘Gladiator’ on location. Of course his crazy lifestyle led him to die of a heart attack mid-shoot and they had to cobble stock footage of him together to complete his scenes.

5 Likes

I’ll have to check out more of Oliver Reed’s films because I only know him from Tommy (which I love but isn’t everyone’s cup of tea) and from his nude wrestling scene in Women in Love.

I guess I should put NSFW…

1 Like

You have to see ‘Gladiator’ if you haven’t. That’s like one of those films everyone should see at least once before they die.

1 Like

Did you hear about the happy Roman?
(1682) Deer Hunter - Nick’s Joke “Happy Roman” - YouTube

Spoiler alert! :rant:

Btw did you ever see Designated Survivor? Not only did they blatantly rip off The Manchurian Candidate in the first story arc, but they also blatantly ripped off that scene much later.

Historians tell us that was the producers’ doing, not his. It’s the origin of the term “Salkind clause”.

1 Like

Lester didn’t know what was going on?

The script(s) were by the Flashman chap. Explains why the films were such fun.