The Morgue 2021

“You kill me Greavsie” will no doubt be in Private Eye next issue.

1 Like

That looks surprisingly modern.

Sinclair had a knack for combining technology just behind the bleeding edge with aggressive cost-cutting and attractive design. He was a genuine genius, and in the great tradition of geniuses, a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Had a ZX81 at some point. Sinclair managed to cram a complete computer into four ICs by committing 80% of the CPUs time to keeping the display on the screen. Only a genius would think of something that stupid.

1 Like

Boycie has died Rodders. Where am I gonna get me a motor from now?

1 Like

Last Norm thing I promise.

2 Likes

Quoted below.

Please don’t stop.

1 Like
2 Likes

Damn, so young. No mention of cause of death.

1 Like

No, seems to only be rumors at moment.

Pancreatic cancer. Sucks!

1 Like

Colin Powell has passed away.

7 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: From The Morgue

My goodness…what the heck is this doing in the article on his death?

“ It is not clear if Powell had received a booster dose of the vaccine. Covid-19 vaccines are a highly effective tool in preventing severe disease and death, but no vaccine is 100% effective.

More than 7,00 breakthrough cases of Covid-19 that have resulted in death have been reported to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through October 12. By that time, more than 187 million people in the US were fully vaccinated. That’s one out of every 26,000 fully vaccinated people who has died of Covid-19, or 0.004%.

Of those breakthrough cases resulting in death, 85% were among people age 65 and older and 57% were among men, according to the CDC.

CDC data also show that the risk of dying from Covid-19 is more than 11 times higher for unvaccinated adults than it is for vaccinated adults throughout August. Among seniors, who are more susceptible to severe Covid-19, that gap is smaller. Among those 80 and older, the risk of dying from Covid-19 in August was about five times higher among unvaccinated people than among fully vaccinated people.”

All that without mentioning whether he was vaccinated or not in the several paragraphs which proceeded it.

Regardless, it’s sad to see him go…he was a model to many, flaws and all.

3 Likes

And I wonder what he would have thought of his death being used for propaganda purposes.

He struck me as a decent man who wasn’t afraid to call BS when he saw it.

4 Likes

The article did mentioned he was double vaxxed.

Guy

He wouldn’t have wanted it to be used as propaganda by the type of covidiots who are squealing that no 84-year-old with cancer has ever died before- it must be a conspiracy. I mean, he got the vaccine in the first place
He certainly would have called out the BS of the anti-vaxxers.

1 Like
3 Likes

He did have some ‘other issues’ that no doubt brought on his demise, COVID just helped …
“… Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body’s immune response, as well as Parkinson’s …”

1 Like

As a young black man, he was someone I really admired growing up. What a sad day.

2 Likes