The most popular IKEA restaurants worldwide are in Taiwan

Its a comparative thing. Look whats outside. Even decent restaraunts fail on clean kitchens and bathrooms half the time. When you finish eating you can shop. Ive also only been to the kaohsiung one mind you. But really its on par with a shopping mall with the added horse meat bonus…i mean scandanavian high class story. I go there to eat as well. Their beer is better than most local cheap beers, its not as expensive as craft beer. The food is okish. Expensive by taiwan standards but at least they have uncooked vegetables like the salmon salad which can be hard to find here especially at that price (still not cheap though).

Bathrooms are nice.

Food poisoning is far lower than outside options. And lots of cheap chinese merchandise to buy before and after.

Its a golden system. Not being sarcastic. Cheap crap and ok food at high but manageable prices with some cheap junk food side dishes to let people in and enjoy the
Cafeteria without spending much if they dont want to. I view it like 7 11. It might not be awesome. Its not cheap but they dont care if you stay and they have fountain drinks and french fries for the non picky… They are consistent and they have quality standards with bathrooms that are inspected. So they will no doubt be successful. They need to get on with capitalizing on the food shack, mall rat scene. They would likely do well in shopping mall food courts. I would eat there when visiting the city. Any shop with a clean bathroom you can down in, and regular food quality that doesnt give you the runs at a reasonable price, with cheap side dish options, is generally succesfull worldwide. Mcdonalds, kfc, mos burger etc all came here based on those principles, theyre in every county now. Ikeas only limitimg factor is its retail furniture shop. The cafeteria alone would do great here all over.

its always majorly packed out there, so i haven’t eaten there since 2015.