The MRT operating hours are really limiting

Well, places like The Wall and The Underground and possibly a bunch of other venues tends to open at nighttime hours like 8-4am or something. Really sucks a lot of fun out of being at those venues when I had to leave at 12 just because if I don’t I will be stuck in Taipei with no way of getting back to danshui other than taking a cab which can be prohibitively expensive! Anyone have similar situation as well, and doesn’t have a scooter and can’t count on someone giving you a ride back to danshui in the afterhours… anyone just hung out there all night and waited til like 6AM when the MRT reopens? I think I should do that next time…

I am not terribly familiar with public transport but aren’t there any night buses to Danshui? I shall assume that when you go out you are with good with friends or meeting them, so perhaps you might consider asking if you could crash on their sofa (assuming they have one) for a couple of hours until the MRT is up and running.

Just a thought.

Bob

Imagine to live in a place without MRT or developed public transportation or cheap taxis, and with very expensive car tax and strict DUI laws, what would you do?

Go to a club that is open until 6, or chill out somewhere else…

…or move closer to town.

Back in the days that there wasn’t an MRT western party goers used to go from the party to enjoying a sauna, spa place and stay there until the first bus or train would go out of town …

Just last night I was at a trance event at the World Trade Center.
I left at 3:30 this morning. I could’ve gone to the afterparty at Luxy - which went on until 7 am - but my ears were still ringing, so instead, I picked the relative quiet of the 24-hour Eslite bookstore on Dunhua.
Great place to hang out browsing books and magazines until MRT time at 6 am, at least if you’re not too drunk and still marginally awake. About a dozen people were hanging out at Eslite around 5 this morning, sitting on the floor reading.
The only other places open at that time that I saw along the way were McDonald’s on Guangfu S Rd (opposite Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall) and on Zhongxiao E Rd Sec 4. Rather dreary places to hang out, though.

What, did Vibe close or something? It used to be the perennial 6am hangout…

I am actually wondering if there are another good 4-6AM hangout places within walking distences to The Wall… since I will probably stay til 1 (depending on if I could find someone to chat with I guess… or if anyone from Revilement is going to be there…) and if the Wall closes earlier then I’d hike to The Underworld which isn’t too far, but not sure what to do from 4-6am…

So um, when do you propose they perform their regular maintenance?

That’s why everyone goes to Vibe or B1 after 3 am. Somewhere to hang out until the MRT opens.

It’s a bit of a walk to get there from the Wall, though. Maybe you can split a taxi fare–should only be about $100 or less.

B1 closed 7 months ago.
Has it reopened?

[quote=“twocs”]That’s why everyone goes to Vibe or B1 after 3 am. Somewhere to hang out until the MRT opens.

It’s a bit of a walk to get there from the Wall, though. Maybe you can split a taxi fare–should only be about $100 or less.[/quote]

Is the place still open? where is it located?