The Music (UK) Live+biggest Brits Music party ever in Taiwan

[color=#800000]
The Music (Leeds, UK) Live in Taipei + biggest Brits Music party ever in Taiwan! 16th Nov Sun @ Y17 Center Taipei
[/color]

[color=#404000]
You Can Play That Again Vol. 2 with The Music (UK) !!!
[/color]

You had been warned! Lee & West presents from Big Day Out festival said: “They turning grassy arenas into heaving dancefloors on the Big Day Out”!! This is indeed the show to watch, my friends!

[color=#80BF00]
Footage of the band headlined Fuji Rock Festival’s White stge back in July this year.
[/color]

tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sNge3S5MvWg

[color=#804000]
The Music will rock ur brain out in this November!
[/color]

I know. …I know…. all you guys are still exciting about the up coming visit of both Jarvis Cocker & Brett Anderson. We are taking care of all 3 of them, however this is sure to be THE SHOW to watch! After I saw them on this year’s July/August far east round, personally think this may be one of the best live set that I ever seen this year…. and they are coming to your town and all for you now! :wink:

Want to see how did they drive me nuts (or anyone else nuts) a few months ago in cities around you? I was jumping like a monkey Omg… no it was so true…… XD

How about some Korea? Check it out how the crowd went (have to watch the crowd, not the band…watch the crowd! Madness!!)

[color=#808000]
Pentaport Festival main stage - Korea
Turn it really loud!! Check out the crowd!!! Not the band!
[/color]
youtube.com/watch?v=5e48lyc_wmY
youtube.com/watch?v=2qKdjZgLeUo

[color=#808000]
How about some down under Australian fun? Splendour In The Grass Festival
main stage - Australia. Check out the crowd!!! Madness… I was one of the monkey…
Crowd!!! Crowd!!! Crowd!!! Crowd!!!.. XD
[/color]
youtube.com/watch?v=ewjEdY3OvRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IdiEHDBUvMY

[color=#800000]
You want the best! You got the best!
[/color]

You want the best, you got the best! (stealing that line from KISS :p) Here you go, we got this year’s Fuji Rock White Stage headliner for ya!!!

UK hipster &quotThe Music" is confirmed for their first visit ever in 16th November Sunday to headline You Can Play That Again Vol. 2 at Y17 Center Taipei!!! After we saw their sold out tour in Australia in July. This show will be so hot that you couldn’t even believe it (trust me my friend….you had been warned :wink: ). With the successful LP such as “The Music” made it to No.4 on the UK National Album Chart and “Welcome To The North” made it to No.8 on the UK National Album Chert, the band is the regular world wide festival cycle darling - you have been seeing them on A-class festival’s main stage all the time such as Glastonbury, Fuji Rock, Big Day Out, V Festival, Reading & Leed, Splendour In The Grass, Pentaport and many many more.

They are finally coming to our way for super high energy “ROCK SHOW”! Tickets will be on sale soon!! Very soon!! All the Brits lovers……be ready….they do rock hard!!! very hard!

[color=#800000]
SOLD OUT!! SOLD OUT!! IN JAPAN!!!
[/color]

If u r indeed a Brits lover, this is indeed the show to watch for the end of year touring scene. Its the show to watch! Please don’t miss out this show indeed! Their up coming Tokyo show before they come to your town this time, at huge venue Studio Coast had SOLD OUT like crazy…. That’s how big their shows are over there, so were all Australian dates a few month ago. All tickets were gone like crazy….

These are how big their shows in Japan - another sold out big capacity venue Zepp Tokyo back in 2004 (also with a kicked ass live set once again…Orz…)

youtube.com/watch?v=ltEN51QDHOM
youtube.com/watch?v=fPUEkXmOVvc

Sure! You Can Play That Again, but not quite often with the Music. They are not that cheap kids :stuck_out_tongue: The band will come with a full big touring party with all techs to give you the best show ever. Chances are indeed rare…. You Can Play That Again proudly present Vol. 2 with The Music (UK) !!!

Don’t worry! Rock n roll is not a classy thing, ticket price will be affordable on this one too :wink:

Both English & Chinese press releases & EPK will be coming out in just a few days with all info. Stay tuned…

[color=#80BF40]
More Penteport?
[/color]
Many monkeys …… XD
youtube.com/watch?v=UfTTBbMdfKE

Also more international acts will headline You Can Play That Again & from Straight Music House… stay tuned for more exciting news soon…very soon!!!

[color=#80BF40]
Offcial Site
[/color]
themusic.co.uk/
myspace.com/themusic

Is this for real? Why didn’t you advertise in the events forum? How come noone seems to know about this?

I went to that Y17 place today, they said that it hasn’t been confirmed although it is booked. but they didn’t know anything about tickets?

[quote=“Mugatu”]Is this for real? Why didn’t you advertise in the events forum? How come noone seems to know about this?

I went to that Y17 place today, they said that it hasn’t been confirmed although it is booked. but they didn’t know anything about tickets?[/quote]

Hey! Dude. I was thinking this is the place to post all the event news, so I post it here. Sorry about that.

Tickets will on sale tomorrow and this will be one show only. Also yes, this is for real.

Here is the event site which just up yesterday.
themusic.pixnet.net/blog

Also here is the ticket site (not on sale yet, but will on sale tomorrow - 23rd Oct).
tickets.books.com.tw

I think the band’s MGMT will have the Taipei date up to their official site & myspace anytime from now. If there is any other question about this event, please feel free to ask here.

Cheers

Tix for this is on sale now
tickets.books.com.tw/ad/ticket/p … 0101274382

Is this gig on or is it just a piss take?

themusic.co.uk/

There’s nothing on the official website about it. Can you but tickets from eslite or somewhere rather than the net?

Who was the bloke they claimed to have booked for one of those Hohaiyan shows one year? Bobo Dylan or someone like that, wasn’t it?
Then at the last minute they admitted that they HAD asked his management about him playing but that he’d actually refused to come. Maybe its that kind of a deal.
“Let’s ask XXX to play in Taiwan” is not the same as actually booking someone. :wink:

[quote=“spunkymonkey”]Is this gig on or is it just a piss take?

themusic.co.uk/

There’s nothing on the official website about it. Can you but tickets from eslite or somewhere rather than the net?[/quote]

The show is confirmed, their mgmt just haven’t put the dates up…that’s all. You could wait till the date is up on their site and decide to buy your ticket or not. We done our job in our end, the rest is the band and their mgmt’s job…not our. We had artists toured all the time and dates were not up on their site even till they already played. All we can do is request, but rest of it is on them.

[quote=“sandman”]Who was the bloke they claimed to have booked for one of those Hohaiyan shows one year? Bobo Dylan or someone like that, wasn’t it?
Then at the last minute they admitted that they HAD asked his management about him playing but that he’d actually refused to come. Maybe its that kind of a deal.
“Let’s ask XXX to play in Taiwan” is not the same as actually booking someone. :wink:[/quote]

Also I am the bloke that you are talking about. I booked that year’s festival, I was only taking of the booking….so if there were anything related to the press part (something they shouldn’t announce before anything confirm from my side) please go bitching that government who was handling that. This was nothing to do with me, also that year they indeed had a huge offer due to the money was from the President of that time (we could even afford double offer). It was end it out too political for both, that’s why they finally called it off.

I was only doing my job, if you got anything more to bitch….go there…not here… I didn’t even know some of those press release anyway, I don’t even live there…get it ?

Sure, you think people like me don’t know that? I know my job quite well thanks, those Taiwan things for me were purely just for fun and for the kids (due to no bands were touring my country when I was young, that’s why I moved to somewhere else……never really get pay as well – negative money all the time even for Ho Hai Yan). I don’t even work there for this anyway, nothing compare to what I am doing in other places. Why don’t you take my job then…see you in Y17 in 16th. That’s the only way to find out are they coming or not…isn’t it…. smarty :wink:

Shouldn’t you be …polite, if you want to promote something?

[quote=“spunkymonkey”]Is this gig on or is it just a piss take?

themusic.co.uk/

There’s nothing on the official website about it. Can you but tickets from eslite or somewhere rather than the net?[/quote]

Hi there
I think the ticket agency site said it all, you don’t have to buy this online. You could even buy those tickets in 7-11 ibon. :slight_smile:

Here is the site again
tickets.books.com.tw/G/Activity/ … index.html

here are some of the other ticket outlets
海邊的卡夫卡 北市羅斯福路三段244巷2號2樓 02-2364-1996
地下社會 北市師大路45號B1 02-2369-0103
多鬆 Mo!Relax 北市泰順街60巷20號 02-2367-7714
挪威森林 北市羅斯福路三段284巷9號 02-2365-3089
操場 北市和平東路二段169號2樓 02-2703-9766
ROXY Jr. Cafe 北市北市師大路80巷1號 02-2366-1799
Tavern 北市信義路四段415號 02-8780-0892
Paulina 北市安和路二段二段167號 02-2378-5678
阿通伯樂器行 北市和平東路三段308巷18號 02-8733-1100
誠品音樂館敦南店 (找 愛吹倫 或 小毅 購票)

cheers

No? Just cut and paste spam?

Yep……

However when someone was trying to say

[color=#FF0000]“Let’s ask XXX to play in Taiwan” is not the same as actually booking someone.[/color]

Simply not sure what else should I say other than that :wink: fair is fair……

[quote=“Cat Power”]However when someone was trying to say

[color=#FF0000]“Let’s ask XXX to play in Taiwan” is not the same as actually booking someone.[/color]

Simply not sure what else should I say other than that :wink: fair is fair……[/quote]

Don’t understand. Never mind, I wouldn’t have been going to go anyway.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Cat Power”]However when someone was trying to say

Simply not sure what else should I say other than that :wink: fair is fair……[/quote]

Don’t understand. Never mind, I wouldn’t have been going to go anyway.[/quote]

Don’t understand is cool. Not a worry at all :wink:

Cool! ;o)

still don’t understand why they would put all the other gigs on their website except this one if they really were coming

Not hard to answer that one, due to the show was confirmed late (however not that late, we confirmed it about one month ago or a bit more). We paid, contract done, permit done, hotel booked, production company hired, venue arranged, they are also have their own gear fly in to the country (about 900kg).

Things like this is not really a big deal for us, because some band’s site is taking care of by their mgmt or label or else. Sometimes bands (or agents …if you book them from agent…sometime people get the band from just asking the band) don’t take care of their own site. They usually just like put the whole list of dates in once when they confirmed (so for place like Taiwan, usually confirmed late or its those just one extra show in the area gig). Not hard to understand indeed.

So asking the band, not us. We requested a while ago, but I think their mgnt is still busy or something. We done our job, rest is on them….or anyone have question regarding about this……could just call Universal Music Taiwan about this (they are taking care of the media)……or go to leave a msg to their myspace or something.

Hope this answer all your questions, there is nothing I can do on this one. The industry is just like that.

In fact even I don’t tour acts that often in Taiwan (usually other places in the area due to the market is bad as usual). However we did have at least 12 tours over there, acts didn’t have the dates up. Go ask them not us….we done our job, the rest is on them.

Cheers everyone.

It’s listed on the official website now

I suspect it was that the microphone on the camera couldn’t cope with the loud noise, but most of those videos you posted are just bad noise.

Yep, I think their TM taped that one when there were in the area for July festival tour. Its not a pro-footage I guss…ha…ha… you are right the camera couldn’t cope with the loud noise. :wink:

here are some pro-footage from Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=ltEN51QDHOM
youtube.com/watch?v=sNge3S5MvWg
youtube.com/watch?v=HDfoHXDPuJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=fPUEkXmOVvc

or else where

LETTERMAN
youtube.com/watch?v=lo864egJuuo

The Music - Drugs
youtube.com/watch?v=MymjRrxZOgA

Cheers