The narratives about Trump thread

Arbitrarily asking whether or not he wants “drug gangs and traffickers” to exploit children isn’t exactly master debating. That’s a concern, of course, but it’s a strawman argument. The issue at hand isn’t an over abundance of these “drug gangs” (common term we’re all aware of, of course) the issue at hand is kids removed from parents and put in horrific conditions. There are ways of protecting children without completely shattering their world. Perhaps Obama fucked up, but Trump is doubling down on it and pretending he’s powerless to change the policy that his administration enacted.

‘Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent’s position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda’

That’s the wikipedia definition.
Generally I’m more familiar with Wu Mao Chinese propaganda.

I’m getting a similar feeling through this thread.

What about you?

In this thread: Trump is an evil monster for not overturning obomo-era policies.

In other threads: Trump is a monster for overturning obomo-era policies and whitewashing the country.

What about ya?

Same thing. Hopefully the kids have decent relatives to live with but many do not. I heard that 10K of the kids were separated from their parents before they got to the border. Sounds like human trafficking to me as I don’t think a kid would wake up in them morning and decide to walk to the US.

It’s not the same thing in the slightest.
If you are charged with a misdemeanor you don’t get your kids thrown in a cage and no contact with them.

Oh now I’m a Russian bot. :roll_eyes:

Where was your outrage in 2014? Well I will tell you, you weren’t told to be outraged, two weeks ago you were told to be outraged about guns, and you dutifully complied, two weeks from now you will be told to be outraged about something else, perhaps an old one like Stormy Daniels or Russia Russia Russia and you will dutifully comply with that too.

Whatboutya?
Sumfing sumfing Obama…sumfing sumfing Fake News…

Is that all your world really is.
Thankfully not all Americans have such colored lenses to see though, they still know what’s right from wrong.

Kids in cages is wrong. Stop doing it.

It’s really amazing how no one gave a shit about kids in cages for 8 years, and now suddenly everyone is deebly concerned.

Each of these ‘criminals’ is charged with a misdemeanor.
There is a deliberate policy of charging parents first and therefore a policy of putting kids in cages separated from their families.

Since when did Americans who were charged with misdemeanors get theirs kids put in cages ?

Don’t you want to read the article before replying to me first ?

Give yourself time to actually read it eh. Learn what’s going on.

deebly concerned

Yes I am concerned for your mental health.
What about ya?

I hope both Republicans and Democrats can put politics aside and pass some legislation. Kicking the can down the road is not good. No one wants to talk about the reality of this. Areas where the migrant populations are along the borders such as Tucson have school test rates of lower then 20 percentile. As a parent, I don’t want my child or any other child attending schools like this. Perhaps some of the politicians should take in a family into their own home. Pelosi can probably afford to care for many MS-13 relatives in her house. Seriously, these migrants have been through a lot and need more than the average family is equipped to handle. Where are the people helping when women are choosing abortion. I was watching Aljazeera over the weekend where they showed the situation in the US - kids dorms, eating food and added their criticism. Then the next show was this one…

Mark Meddows from North Carolina suggested during the Senate Hearing with Horowitz today that they were working on one which is probably going up tomorrow. Hopefully bipartisan, but we shall see. Nothing about a borderwall in it, like Trump was hoping.

The honest truth is, though, this is just political bargaining from Trump. This isn’t a law, this is his policy. Some of them own it, some of them are burying their heads in the sand. There’s plenty of reason to want to protect kids, but traumatizing them in the meantime isn’t a solution to “maybe they’re being exploited!”

I think it is political bargaining on both sides. They need to do their job and find some compromises.

1 Like

I, for one, am against separating young children from their parents. I think that when families are caught entering the country illegally, they should be deported immediately…as a family unit.

1 Like

Putting kids in cages is just wrong.

Back then, it wasn’t wrong.

Oh, I never thought about it that way. I understand now. Old cages = good, new cages = bad.

That’s really, really stretching the definition of “cages” unless it’s an ill-chosen metaphor.

Of course, people who are triggered by words won’t appreciate such nuances.