The narratives about Trump thread

Oh and btw @IbisWtf, do you recall which liberal arts college Rudy graduated from?

Mr. Giuliani’s verbal strikes began on Wednesday night when he appeared with Sean Hannity on Fox News and declared that the F.B.I.’s office in New York — with which he worked closely during his time as United States attorney in Manhattan — had behaved like “storm-troopers” in conducting raids on the president’s former lawyer, Michael D.

Total SJW, that guy. :cactus:

That’s not what I said, nor the point I was making, but rather than go back and restate my position(s) all over again.

Here’s one solution that seems to be getting more support lately. From Senator Gillibrand @ around 2.15 mark. ICE should be disbanded.

https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1012516290466963456?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1012525052343017472&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flegalinsurrection.com%2F2018%2F06%2Fabolish-ice-is-democrat-for-open-borders-and-yes-dems-are-actually-going-to-run-on-that%2F

Now I have voiced support for Trump, but that doesn’t mean I speak on behalf of Republicans, at all. I actually think a society can have free education up till university, a single payer healthcare system for all. Im also from the UK where benefits include unemployment benefits, housing, childcare and so on.

Answer me this one question, how does a country provide all that to it’s citizens while at the same time having an open boarder policy which allows 6 billion people (a large percentage of which) have no access to any of this and not expect a flood of migration that cripples the very generous system that has been created to cater to the citizens of that country?

1 Like

For amusement of all , I thought I would post this old pic. here. Credit to Jimi P

Well, not only that but US transfers to citizens - including Medicare and Social Security - have always, through time immemorial, been subject to fraud. People have been defrauding the US government since it was established. One of the reasons its so difficult (as an American) to read about Reconstruction is due to the sheer scale of fraud that occurred. The more such programs we create the more fraud we see.

We also prefer a small government and we never seem to provide enough resources to law enforcement.

The US can’t have open borders and provide generous benefits to its citizens. We don’t work that way, we have never worked that way.

I really don’t think most Americans understand this. The Democrat party insists it doesn’t support open borders, despite all evidence to the contrary (sanctuary cities, calls for ICE to be disbanded, and recently some Democrat in government leaked the addresses and personal information of ICE agents to Wikileaks, etc.).

What they don’t seem to understand is that their actions in support of open borders pose a very real, if perhaps distant, threat to Medicare and Social Security. Given this is the USA, and given our historic attitudes about government, you can’t have open borders and a generous benefits system. One or the other will disappear.

2 Likes

That is what Sweden is now learning… the hard way.

I don’t think they are open borders per se. They just want enough state-dependant people on welfare to boost their voting base, regardless of them being poor US citizens, illegal migrants or whatever. In the Us it’s easy to vote without being a legal resident, so that’s one of the reasons why illegal immigration looks extra juicy to them.

Mandatory ID for voting and you’ll see they’ll stop caring about those migrant children very quickly. I doubt the:“requiring an ID for voting is racist!!” meme will last very long.

1 Like

Keep making up shit that’s either untrue, or completely irrelevant to the elections’ outcome.
So, the next time I am on vacation in the US, I can vote for the democrats?
That would be a reason to book my flight.

How about voter suppression in the US? What’s the effect on the election results from that?

Voter suppression is illegal and should be prosecuted in criminal court if evidence of its existence exists. That said, there should be no problem with a basic test of residency at the polls. Nothing draconian, nothing schemed to suppress the vote. A valid driver’s license, a current utility invoice - some valid proof of current residency in the voting ward - something like this would do (US passport would not do since there is no address listed). This evidence is something easy to come by and not difficult to provide.

This kind of thing doesn’t pose any real burden to valid residents and US citizens who are registered to vote. It provides a lot of reassurance to Americans that vote tallies are correct. It’s a win-win and helps buttress confidence in election results and the government formed as a result.

Not sure what the effect on election participation is. Less interested in what effect it has on election results since that’s exactly what we’re trying to avoid here.

Not saying two wrongs make a right, but a couple of points:

Voter suppression methods are more likely effective and therefore more harmful than voter fraud.

About half the illegal immigrants pay taxes, about half of American citizens pay taxes. There are 11 million illegals and 322 million Americans.

The Republicans are going to cut s.s. and medicare benefits to counteract their gargantuan budget. Seems to me that is the biggest threat to benefits.

in 12 states illegal migrants can get a driving license. With a driving license, you can vote.

You didn’t know and you just assumed it wasn’t true because you’re butthurt about me constantly making fun of you? Interesting.

I don’t understand why a system like that hasn’t been established yet. I mean I know why SOME people are against, but it shouldn’t be hard to convince the majority of people that mandatory voter id, like many other countries do, isn’t something done to keep poor people away from voting ballots or some racist thing.

It’s a hangover from Reconstruction after our civil war. There were so many schemes invented by Democrats in the South to deny blacks the vote, so many that even the idea of voter registration became polarizing. It’s one of many hidden third-rails in US politics, messing with voter registration. Democrat party pretty much shit on things so much and for so long that it’s still a sore spot.

I didn’t know that. It made me lol. Thanks.

And now the Republicans have taken the torch to rule most of the south and shit on things.

And that’s a good thing, because diversity is a strength.

stay-gold-ponyboy-5b379d

God Emperor <3

Who is making fun of me?
I missing a lot lately. Have to get my brain checked out, or your jokes are simply not that funny. I hope it’s the latter!

Oh, like the plan to replace Obamacare with something better? Best wishes to all of them. :idunno:

Answer me this one question, how does a country provide all that to it’s citizens while at the same time having an open boarder policy which allows 6 billion people (a large percentage of which) have no access to any of this and not expect a flood of migration that cripples the very generous system that has been created to cater to the citizens of that country?

That’s not what I get from “build something that actually works”, but I’m not a member or supporter of any US political party. I would ask a Dem. Are there any here?

Wil it last longer than the “ID cards are a Big Illuminati Government conspiracy!” meme?

in 12 states illegal migrants can get a driving license. With a driving license, you can vote.

So much for Bojack’s plan, then. :doh:

@shiadoa are you sure this is the thread you wanted to post that in? Did I miss Donnie talking about “showers of gold” or something? :confused:

It’s a simple question and Im sure you know the answer, it’s not a Dem or Rep thing, or limited to the USA.

You guys always asking this and that and expecting answers, so this is a simple one for you. Can you answer it honestly?/