The narratives about Trump thread

What’s more realistic, fear of a wannabe dictator or fear of a Kenyan-Muslim-Manchurian candidate conspiracy? :ponder:

I’ll leave that for Americans to figure out. Good luck y’all! :four_leaf_clover:

The Dem establishment have had all the time they need to pivot to the center. I’m not seeing any such pivot. Quite the contrary. They just keep getting more shrill and hysterical. Right now they’re in full Trigglypuff mode.

(Of course, there is no center anymore. But they could at least pretend.)

Everyone’s inscrutable until you figure out his psychology. After that, people become quite transparent, especially when you can see them and monitor their micro-expressions and body language.

Ozymandias’ track record speaks for itself. On foreign policy, what exactly would an actual Manchurian candidate have done differently?

Is Bernie still with the dems or will he go rogue and run by himself in 2020?

Which is my opinion, which the last time I checked opinions are not verboten on these forums, although for some reason this one seems to have got your back up.

The comments were in relation to NAFTA, I think the overall feel lets say in the UK which I have recently visited does have a visceral hatred of Trump, generally, much more so than previous Presidents and the media does act as a sort of echo chamber. I don’t think I’m drinking the cool aide as you so wittily suggest, I think that is an observed fact.

I have also been reading Canadian articles scrolling down to the comments and it’s not even close, it’s an almost 100% anti Trump rhetoric and unity to push back against Trump, you can correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t see many questioning the wisdom of what Justin Trudeau is doing. In fact as we already agreed Parliament is aligned with Justin Trudeau on this. Can we call this fact too?

This is where we get the disconnect, even recently Trudeau was saying he thought a deal was close to being reached, prompting U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to say “The NAFTA countries are nowhere near close to a deal,”.

I then posted 2 video which basically had the opinion there is not going to be a deal on NAFTA. Admittedly they did blame Canada, perhaps over the top blame, but I will gladly post another that comes to the same conclusion that mostly blames the USA if that makes you happy.

If Trump walks away from NAFTA you can be sure the Canadians will be cursing and screaming at Trump, which in my opinion where the derangement comes into play. Because if you look at this whole thing objectively, even if assign lots of blame to Trump, Canada still created the situation where resolving NAFTA talks will be almost impossible. Trump’s big thing was increasing the point of origin in NAFTA and not allowing Canada and Mexico to be back doors to the USA market for every other country. By signing TPP Canada did the exact opposite. See above video @5.50min.

You would like to make the claim Canada is not suffering from Trump derangement syndrome, (I know, I know, you don’t like that suggestion), how much do you want to bet if Trump walks away from NAFTA the response will be a fully fledged hate fest against trump and virtually no blame will be placed at the feet of Trudeau?

It was definitely not directed at you, at the time I wrote that I was thinking about just being called out on commenting on quotes that were not real and an awareness that the #walkaway movement is being labeled a Russian bot movement.

Nah, little things like the rolling back of environmental protections, stacking the judiciary with activist conservative judges, undoing the healthcare mandate, LGBT rights in the military, extreme gerrymandering, and so on.

Headlines just rolling in (have to read bottom-up), with the top headline the conclusion.
hahahaha
Politics will never be the same.

*TRUMP SAYS U.S.'S NATO ALLIES ARE RAISING DEFENSE SPENDING

*TRUMP SAYS U.S. COMMITMENT TO NATO REMAINS VERY STRONG

*TRUMP: NATO MEMBERS HAVE `REALLY STEPPED UP’ DEFENSE SPENDING

*TRUMP SAYS HE WOULD BE `VERY UNHAPPY’ IF ALLIES DON’T PAY MORE

*TRUMP SAYS HE WAS `EXTREMELY UNHAPPY’ YESTERDAY

*TRUMP SAYS NATO BETTER OFF TODAY THAN TWO DAYS AGO

*TRUMP SAYS `VERY HAPPY’ WITH WHAT GERMANY AGREED TO

*TRUMP SAYS HE WAS `VERY FIRM’ WITH NATO ALLIES YESTERDAY

*TRUMP: KEY NATO TASK IS FOR ALLIES TO SPEND 2% OF GDP ON DEFENSE

*TRUMP SAYS UNNECESSARY TO WITHDRAW U.S. FROM NATO

*TRUMP CITES `GREAT COLLEGIAL SPIRIT’ AT NATO SUMMIT

*TRUMP SAYS NATO PROBABLY THE GREATEST EVER DONE', FINE-TUNED’

*TRUMP SAYS HE’S A ‘VERY STABLE GENIUS’

*TRUMP SAYS PUTIN `MAY DENY’ MEDDLING IN U.S. ELECTIONS

*TRUMP SAYS HE’LL ASK PUTIN ABOUT `MEDDLING’

*TRUMP: U.S. ALLIES’ MILITARY BUDGETS UP `LIKE A ROCKET SHIP’

*TRUMP SAYS NATO ALLIES THANKED HIM FOR PLAN TO MEET PUTIN

*TRUMP SAYS HE’S NOT HAPPY ABOUT CRIMEA

*TRUMP SAYS PUTIN IS A “COMPETITOR”

*TRUMP SAYS NATO MEETING `WAS A LITTLE TOUGH FOR A LITTLE WHILE’

*TRUMP SAYS HE HAS NO MESSAGE ON BREXIT

*TRUMP SAYS HE HAS `GREAT RESPECT’ FOR HIS CHINESE COUNTERPART

*TRUMP SAYS IRAN TREATING U.S. WITH `MUCH MORE RESPECT’ NOW

To the extent that Canada has a sense of national identity, it’s a very insecure one. They all know in the back of their minds that Canada doesn’t amount to much, and they’re trying desperately to un-know that. That make them extremely prickly. It’s not Trump Derangement; it’s Canada Derangement.

Trump should openly encourage the Quebec separatist movement to make heads explode. This could help end the notion that Canada is an actual country.

Did Putin say so, or did the Putin puppet conclude that by himself?

You can read all of their minds!
That’s so fantastic!

It’s a learned skill.

Notice how we never hear about “Obama/Clinton Derangement Syndrome” even though we hear from Covfefists about Obinton almost as much now as when either of them was still a thing.

As for Manchurianism and foreign policy, we could ask about Donnie, what exactly would an actual Russian candidate have done differently? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or “Sanders Derangement Syndrome” for that matter.

At the very least, then, we now agree that it is your opinion, unlike a few posts ago when you were complaining that I was imagining or misrepresenting your opinion.

Is it a verboten opinion? :astonished:
@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

Okay, Mick, repent or face the wrath of Discobot.

You mean “herself”. While busy sending billions of dollars to Russia in exchange of gas, Angelo Merkel hasn’t had time to change sex yet.

did you mean this?

Media in general should be treated with suspicion. Can we agree on that?

Lots of people have hated Donnie for decades. His negative press covfefe is a symptom first and a cause second.

(Wrong album cover there – it should be Mystics from 2006, not Bulletin from 1999. Still predates Obama and all that.)

In fact as we already agreed Parliament is aligned with Justin Trudeau on this. Can we call this fact too?

That was my point. :slight_smile:

Or you could say, Justin is aligned with Parliament on this. :yin_yang:

What he’s doing now is having the opposite effect – uniting the separatists and federalists – so by your reckoning he’s not doing very well! :rofl:

A, B and C form a contract. B threatens to terminate the contract. If B does terminate the contract, it must be C’s fault.

Try again. Or is Canada now responsible for the 2016 US election?

I will not comment on the TPP btw.

You would like to make the claim Canada is not suffering from Trump derangement syndrome, (I know, I know, you don’t like that suggestion), how much do you want to bet if Trump walks away from NAFTA the response will be a fully fledged hate fest against trump and virtually no blame will be placed at the feet of Trudeau?

Meanwhile in some circles, the consensus will be it’s entirely Justin’s fault that Donnie walked away, except for the part that’s Obinton’s fault, except for the part that’s actually a clever 6D chess move by the God-Emperor. :rainbow:

Thinking of merkel having sex is a crime against humanity…don’t, la…

Her “sturdy legs” give me a “special feeling” in my “special place.” :wink: