The narratives about Trump thread.

Not fitting the current narrative, but possibly relevant to the fate of said narrative:

No, George W Bush believes none of that. He was a moderate Republican who appealed to Christian conservative voters throughout his time in office. Christian conservatives are traditionally a wing of the GOP.

Bush grew to be more curious about how things work than is Trump, but when he took office in 2000 he was about as unpolished as Trump. Neither man is “of the academy” as the Democrats might put it. Neither Bush nor Trump were engaged by formal education. That’s a key part of their appeal to voters.

Did Bush ever figure out how things work?

You don’t have to eat when you’re no longer hungry, you don’t have to sleep when you’re no longer tired, and you don’t have to be curious after you’ve figured things out.

I am going to try and understand the Democrats vitriol towards Trump, really, but…

Obama did well in Detroit though …Arghhh , am I trolling now? sorry YYY

More on Manchurian Trump…

Deeds matter more than words. Those who do nothing and spout many words will never accept this fundamental truth.

Well, to most people he always seemed a bit like a looney with all the references to god and Jesus and all that nonsense. How much of the stuff he thought was real, I dont know, but it was a bit bizarre.

And, the same is the case with Donald, to most people he does seem to be a a bit nutty.

But, obviously the thing is, neither of the above need to appeal to most people. They just need to be appealing to the voters in the USA.

That’s just brilliant!

It’s almost hypnotic ! There’s some really talented shitposters on the interwebz.

If I were Honorable Mick, I would say you’re being deliberately obtuse.

Nope! Anti-Trump Reppies are like Trotskyists or apostates – worse than infidels! :rage:

See what I mean? That’s how Covfefists describe Bush Family supporters now!

To be fair, Ana’s a fan of

(I mean the people, not sure about the show), and – horror of horrors – she works for CNN! :runaway:

So even if we pretend Hillie never happened, she has, like, no hope of redemption.

As for Illinois Joe, he’s, um, how can I put this?

“This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out Black Lives Matter punks. Real America is coming after you.”

Walsh wrote later, "I wasn’t calling for violence, against Obama or anyone.

:innocent:

On October 24, 2016, Walsh wrote on Twitter, “On November 8th, I’m voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I’m grabbing my musket. You in?”[83] When Jake Tapper asked him what he meant, Walsh responded, “It means protesting. Participating in acts of civil disobedience. Doing what it takes to get our country back.”[84]

:innocent: :innocent:

On September 23, 2017, Walsh described Stevie Wonder as “Another ungrateful black multi millionaire” after Wonder had taken a knee in at his concert in protest of police brutality.[89][90][91][92][93][94]

Ooh, ungrateful. Like he was an immigrant or something? :thinking:

At least Joe didn’t wave to him. (Did he?)

Really? You noticed that the duck-like creature quacks exactly the way a blackmail victim quacks?

I would hate to think the same clip was posted earlier in the thread… So I’ll assume it was a different thread. :rainbow:

I still don’t know why you’re asking me. I never campaigned for Barry, and this is Mick’s forum.

Oh, and “5 decades of Democrat control”? What does that even mean? My Michigan history is a little rusty. It was Dem from 1895 to 1945 and Rep ever since, which totally explains why it was booming up until the Depression and today is a ghost town? Or Dem from 1945 to 2010 (that’s 65 years actually) and Rep since then? And it’s some kind of SAR the feds never interfere with? Please explain.

Getting back to anti-Trump Reppies, here’s one who probably would pass the Covfefist purity test… until Helsinki pushed him over the edge! :astonished:

Gingrich%20weeping

And whad’ya know? Donnie made a “clarification”! When I said would, I meant wouldn’t. :rainbow: :unicorn: :upside_down_face:

Next, it’ll be when I said grab 'em, I meant don’t grab 'em… :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

It’s rare for him to admit he covfefed up. Good on him. That being said, his explanation makes zero sense given the context of everything else he said. I assume this is just to appease the few supporters who were wavering a bit and needed something to comfort them. To give them an ‘out,’ as it were.

Still, Trump’s ego does make it hard for him to ever say he ever did anything wrong. He has the best words, after all.

But hey, no anti-religious bigotry here, right?

More on the Manchurian narrative:

Published February, 2017?

I doubt they’ve changed their opinion overall - making up ridiculous defenses of Trump is probably their bread and butter - but given everything that’s happened since, that article’s pretty embarrassing.

Brilliant.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like a bigot. I just merely meant that its a bit funny or eccentric to believe in that stuff once you are passed say 15, just as its quite odd to find grown ups who believe in Santa Claus.

Midget Trump looks so cute!!! I want a teddy bear of that!!!

The Customs one tickled me :smile: