The narratives about Trump thread

Trumpistas getting upset about hyperbole, who woulda thought? :smile:

I’m still waiting for video of a single press conference performance by Barry, Angie, Justin or basically any mainstream western leader that can top Helsinki. (W doesn’t count – that would be too easy.)

I actually would like to read that, but the website doesn’t like my IP address. :frowning:

As for Justin from Canada, I believe last week he was doing the rounds assuring everyone a deal on NAFTA was imminent any minute now. While at the same time Trump’s officials were saying they were just about done signing a deal with Mexico and would then move on to a deal with Canada. i.e. NAFTA is dead. At some point Justin will need to reconcile this, which was my main point in bringing up NAFTA, not assigning blame.

I thought the big NAFTA news in Canada last week was the revelation of what Stephen’s recent trip to DC was really about. That and the premiers taking baby steps towards interprovincial free trade.

Whatever becomes of NAFTA, it will not be Justin’s albatross. (That doesn’t mean he won’t have an albatross next year – of course he will – just not a massive backlash for his NAFTA handling, at the rate things are going.)

Pretty amazing that Trump withstood a disillusioned Trump supporter onslaught

Fify. :slight_smile: But it’s not really that amazing, in the grand scheme of things. They know his time hasn’t come yet.

Wow, you’re really on a roll with these recent revelations about America’s secret Communist overlords! :upside_down_face:

Tor is always an option. It can be a pain, but it can also get you in.

Tl,DR: Il Douche helped Russia all sorts of ways, and sold out the Ukraine. Trump is doing the opposite. Manchurian is as Manchurian does.

Horseshoe theory makes it all clear.

That’s why it doesn’t like my IP address.

Reset the daemon. You’ll get a fresh exit node.

Imagine that – it works now. (When I encounter that type of error message I usually assume it’s due to a blanket anti-privacy policy, so I don’t try again because I don’t want to waste my time. Some companies badly need a lesson on how not to alienate potential customers, but that’s for another thread.)

The article is a huge burger (to use the modern parlance). The meat amounts to two measly paragraphs, only one of which is actually about Helsinki.

So Donnie is holding a sword to Vlad’s ankle? :smile: We’ll see how that works out.

I don’t believe I implied or suggested anyone was “getting upset”, what I did say was they can and do change the channel.

Besides who is your comment aimed at? Whats a Trumpistas? Is that like a Drumpf supporter? Someone from the Alt-right? Was it aimed at me specifically, or more generally? The left seem to have an increasing number of contradictions, such as people must use the gender pronoun a person identifies with and two seconds later are calling anyone who is a conservative a Nazi.

Because I have told everyone who would listen I don’t identify as a Trump supporter, I certainly think he was the better choice over Hillary Clinton. I find many of his actions and words deserving of criticism, yet it seems you want to keep repeatedly want to refer to me as “a Trumpistas” whatever that is. Isn’t the idea once a person lets you know they identify with a certain pronoun or don’t belong to a certain group, to repeatedly call them something they don’t identify as is “actual violence” and the definition of “hate speech” which should be grounds for arrest?

2 Likes

If you’re not a Trumpista, you will be.

The center is dead. Neutrality is untenable. You must choose a side or be trampled underfoot by both teams.

This is the age of the lesser evil. Embrace it.

Antifa this, gender that, Nazi the other thing…

Is that really what you think about every time you hear criticism or mockery of Trump?

It has nothing to do with The Left™, whatever the hell that is. I use funny nicknames because I use funny nicknames. If you search around you’ll see that I talk about rightists and leftists, rightistas and leftistas. I talk about Reps and Dems and Libbers. I talk about Covfefists, though that upsets at least one person-I-would-otherwise-call-a-Covfefist. I talk about Trumpistas, but now that upsets you.

Because I have told everyone who would listen I don’t identify as a Trump supporter,

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I certainly think he was the better choice over Hillary Clinton. I find many of his actions and words deserving of criticism, yet it seems you want to keep repeatedly want to refer to me as “a Trumpistas” whatever that is. Isn’t the idea once a person lets you know they identify with a certain pronoun or don’t belong to a certain group, to repeatedly call them something they don’t identify as is “actual violence” and the definition of “hate speech” which should be grounds for arrest?

No, I don’t recall the part where you said you were not a Trump supporter. You’ve said many times you’re a health care supporter. You’ve said many times you support “what the left used to be” or something. The “I don’t support Trump” part, somehow I missed that. My apologies if you ever said it to me directly. Your position is noted and will not be forgotten.

(While we’re at it, do you also identify as not a Brexit supporter?)

With non-supporters like that, though – coming back day after day to defend the Don against (almost) every criticism great or small – who needs outright supporters?

Yeah, yeah. We’ve been over this before. Wake me up when the apocalypse comes, and then we’ll see. :sleeping:

The apocalypse kicked off over a year ago.

“Gettin’ closer…” :elephant: :innocent:
https://youtu.be/RPgJQnDDxC8?t=75

Yes, i am well aware you like to think of funny nicknames for people and political parties. As I have pointed out to you, both of these are against the rules.

3.02. Name Distortion.
4 August 2015 - Posted by: gus - In category: 4. Personal Attacks - No responses
Do not distort another Forumosan’s name for the purpose of insulting or ridiculing him or her.

3.04. Name-calling.
4 August 2015 - Posted by: gus - In category: 4. Personal Attacks - No responses
3.04. Name-calling.
Do not disparage another Forumosan as a liberal, a conservative, a troll, or any other label used pejoratively. Do not try to come up with cute ways of skirting around the Spirit of the Rules.

Emphasis added mine.

What does Brexit have to do with anything? I could have voted on Brexit but chose not to since I live here.

Oh wait I got it, since you have pigeon holed me as a Trump supporter the association with Brexit must exist. You don’t half like to drag the conversation off topic, it was just the other day you were calling me out in the Brexit thread to talk about NAFTA, now here you are in the Trump thread trying to get my take on Brexit.

I follow the conversation on Brexit and catch up in the news, but that’s about it.

Sticks and stones.

You are correct Rowland, actually it doesn’t bother me so much, especially when its used to generalize about a group of people and not specific to people posting here. When it’s used in a derogatory fashion and it’s intent is aimed at posters and they don’t identify with the group they are supposedly being called a part of, then it gets annoying. (That was why I asked specifically if yyy was posting about me personally or generally speaking)

@yyy’s posts are no doubt mostly tongue in cheek, but I can see other posters doing the same without the light hearted approach and then getting into a whataboutisim about why some posters can do this all the time and why can’t they.

Yeah , those Centrist troublemakers , sitting on the fence , pontificating . :joy::joy: Whatever ones Political persuasion , recent events , if nothing else, have engaged huge parts of the World . If that means they investigate History and Manifestos to better inform themselves , that would be a plus . The negative being extreme Partisanship in the short- term . Maybe Tribalism will disappear in a few thousand years . Until then …let’s muddle through :smirk:

OK, time to lighten things up a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_ztVHAafk

2 Likes

Tribalism is basic human nature. Baked into the genome. If you want to talk about that going away, then you want to talk posthumanism.

Anyone who better informs himself will eventually face a preponderance of evidence, and stop suspending judgment. Suspending judgment to get better information is not what centrists do. What centrists do is try to avoid judgment entirely. For that purpose, facts and understanding don’t come into it at all.

Tribalism is stupid. Centrism is stupider.

I like that cover!

Whoda ever guessed that Trump’s walking across the stage would look like moonwalking if played backward. I never saw that before this video.

1 Like

Can’t fault the class for picking the lesser evil.