The narratives about Trump thread

In other words, bigger than nothing?

1 Like

I think he’s talking about the Woodward book, but it’s whatever. More for the pile.

Nobody here really runs up to talk shit about Trump. Can’t imagine why anybody would be expecting it.

1 Like

But…Its number one on Amazon, apparently. A Google search confirmed it.

The Woodward book kills me. I do get that lots of people want to get a dig in against Trump.

But to imagine that Bob Woodward has contacts inside the Trump administration is a hoot. On tv you can practically see him calculate which way the political winds will blow and quick put himself between a viewer and “the truth.”

He’s closer to Roland Nedley than he is to the definitive word on what’s happening with Trump. Or this guy.

https://youtu.be/yx5d3haRG7M?t=75

How dare you impune Woodward’s credibility. He has 2 Pulitzer Prizes (one for his coverage on watergate) doncha know.

Yeah, a Pulitzer for Woodward is like a roomful of midgets congratulating the tallest one on his height.

Any Republican administration that even returns a Woodward phone call would probably be handing him a 3rd Pulitzer.

There will be complaints he won’t get a 3rd Pulitzer just for being anti Trump, or at least that’s how the Nobel Peace Prize process seems to work.

All a bunch of junk. Wait for the left’s arbiters from the ministry of truth (like Politifact) to come back with their verdict, “mostly true”.

2 Likes

Trump’s putting this tweet to the test.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/307582196196188160

1 Like

Last week it was John McCain who was beyond reproach, or something. Apparently so god damn revered by everyone on the left and right might give the average person pause for thought and why he didn’t win the 2008 Presidency.

There will be a statue waiting for him, Woodward too as soon as the Democrats are done pulling down the old ones memorializing Democrat slave owners.

You seem really upset about something but I can’t figure out what it is. It seems to be just some very general “I HATE DEMOCRATS AND THE LEFT!” kind of thing.

1 Like

They should make two statues for him, one for being a vet and dedicated public servant and the other for standing up to the historically pitiful excuse for a president we have now. They will, I’m sure and soon. Trump is done, even if he isn’t impeached he has no credibility or political capital now. Just waiting for the denouement of whatever sort.

Ohh, it’s about my feelings? I don’t think so.

Got any facts? Were the left not 2 faced with regards McCain during his 2008 election bid and then hailed him as a hero the minute he became a never Trumper?

Oh, exept that one moment he spoke out to defend Obama, oh god Im so sick of that story.

Oh more than 2, plus the many countless they no doubt had already made for Hillary which are now inconveniently in storage.

1 Like

He was always a war hero, the only person who talked shit about his service was Donald Trump. So McCain passed away. It should be a time to pay respect and honor his service to his country, which is what many people did. People who don’t want to do that can either be respectful and stay quiet for at least a short time, or be dipshits and talk shit about him.

It’s weird you’re taking issue with this. It’s normal to honor people who died… but who needs facts (or honor) when Donald Trump is president, I guess?

1 Like

No. In 2008 when McCain was the “bad” guy. Chris Rock made the exact same joke and Democrats fell around laughing. You may say I posted this before (and I am sure I did) but then why say he was the only person who talked shit about his service?

3 Likes

They did? Did anyone even notice? The video was posted in 2015. Personally, I have one level of expectations for comedians and another for the President. This concept seems to escape Trump

Same sketch , a little longer and a bit more ribbing of McCain. Posted in 2011, but the sketch is from the 2008 election year.

It’s ok if you give Chris Rock a pass and not Trump, I’d be ok if you gave neither a pass or both. Doesn’t really matter, the claim no one has attacked McCains service except Trump is risible. I didn’t even get into the many other claims, because I am so respectful to shit stain McCain.

1 Like

Keeping is classy, as always.

1 Like

Oh please, since when were Democrats feelings so easily hurt? Holding up severed heads of the President or hurling every obscenity in the book, :+1: no problem.

Take issue with someone who I perceive as a war monger and partly responsible for the disaster of Syria and Libya. “Have you no decorum sir?”

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I attended a VIP breakfast with Woodward earlier this decade. He is an elitist of the worst kind. Spent the whole breakfast bashing Assange and Wikileaks etc. Mentioned the need for journalists to be the middlemen. Sounded like a union activist from the 1940s. With Trump espousing Jacksonian populism, I am not surprised at the venom.

1 Like