The narratives about Trump thread

Only the ones sanctioned to do so, by themselves, plus Twitter Facebook and Google. Everyone else, is fake news and should be blocked.

McCain (and his family) made a point of politicizing his own funeral, so nobody should be surprised when people politicize back.

2 Likes

I legit didn’t see any of that, but I was probably too busy reading the Qanon crumbs on McCain’s murder.

1 Like

How do you figure that? Either you missed McCain making the point he didn’t want the President at his funeral, or I will go with you are going to claim his not wanting President Trump at his funeral was not a political act. :rofl:

Man, I get lost with the double speak “kneeling for the flag and national anthem by NFL players is in no way disrespectful to the flag or anyone” so I kind of ask “why do people stand for the national anthem then?” and the reply is “oh people stand because its a sign of respect BUT
”

Confusing to me all this re-writing definitions in dictionaries because it meets a political ideology. With McCain things are pretty simple for me, didn’t like him in 2008 when he ran for President (of course being captured was horrific and he served his country and then some), didn’t like his war hawkish positions as Senator, Zerohedge
and didn’t like his never trump stance in 2016 going against his own party nominee, as well as after the election which seems to be when Democrats fell in love with him.

Hard to respect that position. Republicans who always loved him, fair enough, Democrats who always hated him, no problem. I fall into a Democrat who hated him and became sympathetic to Trump and still hated him. What’s with the Democrats that hated him back in 2008 and since he became a never Trumper is the best thing since sliced bread?

McCain had more than ample reason for not wanting Trump at his funeral.

I was always okay with McCain until he picked Palin, that put me totally on the Obama cart.

You’re asking me how I figure I didn’t see any of the supposed political spectacle around McCain’s funeral? What?

Sounds pretty personal, if you ask me. Everything I’ve seen about McCain leads me to believe he had very good reasons for disliking Trump.

But that’s not the argument. At all. The argument is they’re peacefully protesting and should be allowed to do so. That’s it.

Are you having imaginary conversations? With who exactly? Again, it’s not really the argument.

The audacity! I would almost believe he had a moral compass from that alone.

It’s not about that. It’s about honoring the dead despite politics. A man’s life has ended and like it or not, plenty of people want to honor that despite their political differences. That’s what separates the men from the orange-tinged manchildren.

You say McCain’s a war monger, well let me tell you something: not anymore. He’s dead. But sure, if you think calling a dead man a shit stain is the move then I hope you enjoy getting the last word in. I genuinely thought you were better than that.

I wasn’t into him but I always saw this as the wtf part of that campaign too. I don’t recall anything too controversial from him in 2008, except he’s conservative and I don’t really hold conservative values myself. Plus the stench from the Bush years, of course. Palin, though, she was a whole new breed of wacky. Obvious sign of things to come.

1 Like

I’ve been around long enough to notice talking points taken from elsewhere. You don’t know him, I don’t know him, are you really offended by anything anyone has to say?

If you are telling me you didnt know that McCain had told Trump to stay away from his funeral. I don’t believe you.

I think you knew very well what was being referred to when Dr_Milker said McCain and his family politicized the funeral, but decided to play dumb so you could hit back later with the claim there was nothing political about his dis-inviting Trump. I’m guessing you also know his daughter remarked at his funeral that her father didn’t feel the need to make America great again, because it was already great.

Hey, Im paying you a compliment by saying i am pretty sure you knew these things already, just tried to be cute in your delivery.

Or, tell me I am wrong? You didnt know McCain had made sure Trump wouldnt be welcome at his funeral? Really?

So why do people stand for the anthem?

To be clear, my position is I don’t care if people like or dislike McCain, I can respect a persons decision either way. I don’t really care if NFL players kneel or not, I couldn’t care a less if people rag on Trump to their hearts delight, everyone is free to their opinion.

It’s the stupid bullshit that the media push and gets regurgitated here that annoys me. MCain’s death was obviously politicized, the whole thing was rolled out as a never trump event. That doesnt bother me.

The Democrats latching onto McCain while beating down any naysayers as if they were speaking blasphemy is just bullshit.

Go do a google image search of margaret thatcher dead

Not pretty, and yes there were some choice words from people who thought people were being offensive, but Maggie didn’t have the political ammunition that McCain provided at the time of her death. Controversial figures will have a mixed response apon hearing news of their death. Unless the media have a bullshit political play in mind, like they did with John McCain.

I wonder if these same Democrats will make a fuss at the future funerals of their own mavericks — Senator Lieberman, for example. Somehow, I highly doubt it.

2 Likes

At some point they will have to consider putting out a health warning on the left leaning media, it seems to be causing serious mental breakdowns.

1 Like

I watched the nomination hearings yesterday. KAVANAUGH will make a great justice. Handled Senator Coons (no dummy with his Yale JD and comprehensive understanding of the law) very, very well.

1 Like

I watched some of that, and the pontificating on day one where Kavanaugh just sat there and didn’t need to actually say anything. Democrats apparently want more paper work, despite apparently having more paperwork for this nomination than the last 12 nominees combined.

Not that any paper work will change their vote, or anything he says and watching old turtle head talk about this earlier the end result is he gets confirmed anyway and will start sitting on the bench first week of October.

Bunch of political kabuki, maybe not as bad as the EU, but still a painful process to watch.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Some nothings are bigger than others.

The world’s tallest midget is five foot ten.

(I guess it’s not bigoted to make fun of sufferers of dwarfism?)

Of the team of Woodward and Bernstein, Woodward always seemed to stand taller than his sidekick. But then, Bernstein always was a schmuck.

What little talent he had in the 70s was soon washed up by Georgetown dilettante parties in the 80s.

He is and will be terrific, just as terrific as Goresuch is and will be. Very encouraging that this caliber of American is serving on SCOTUS. Stirs the loins in a non-perverted way, and you know who you are.

It’s a symptom of advanced TDS that the Democrat party falls sway to its own anti-American partisanship and can’t acknowledge the basic human decency of a fellow American.

Not easy to hide my disgust for the Democrat party. Like ever, but these days in particular. With few and brief exceptions (all politically expedient), since 1860 the Democrat party has openly rooted for anybody but the USA. Honestly makes me want to puke.

1 Like

I thought the late Robert Bork would have made a great Supreme court justice. Watched archives of those hearings the other day from the 80s. How the Dems played such partisan warfare at the expense of someone with such a brilliant legal mind. Ted Kennedy not only let a woman drown, but his rhetorical grandstanding caused the rejection of someone who would have been a great legal voice. Just because leftist lawmakers prefer activism over originalism does not mean they should not give ideological opposites a fair shake.

1 Like

Politicians seek power, and the successful ones do what works.

The only cure is for voters to wise up.

Some may be able to relate to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eq0X4qDlR0

2 Likes