The narratives about Trump thread

That’s even worse than having to pay it.

Exactly. That’s what the IRS banks on. I hope this post doesn’t get flagged by their supercomputer (paid for with taxpayer dollars, of course).

No changes will immediately come into effect as a result of the ruling. Think of it as the equivalent of some left leaning groups going to a judge in Hawaii or California to overturn some Trump initiative. Only this time it’s the right and a Texas judge.

Judges have biases, everyone has biases, that’s part of the reason they were fighting so hard over SC appointments. But with this becoming clearer than day, it might be a good time to reflect on those who were pillorying Trump for suggesting a judge of Mexican decent might be less than impartial on his Trump University case.

Ha, these colorful Trump supporters. Living in Taiwan and enjoying pretty OK healthcare.

Getting a shitload of assault rifles is constitutional, getting proper healthcare is not. If the recipe is not OK, fix it. Don’t try to re-invent the wheel, it’s already done a few times.

If by proper you mean “you have to pay, and if you don’t you’ll get a fine, but since a fine would be unconstitutional we’ll call it a tax” then yes, obomocare was proper healthcare. And the fact that every year its cost keeps going up just shows how much #44 cared about everyone.

The same applies to education, infrastructure, defense…

There’s always going to be some people who don’t want to pay for something.

There is no way this ruling will make it way past the appeals and SC. Politics is increasingly being played out in the lower court, mostly its been on the left, this time it’s the right. The right wingers who are giddy with delight are as premature as the left wingers giddy with delight when a Hawaiian jusge ruled in their favor.

In Taiwan too you’ll get fined if you don’t sign up to the National Healthcare.

Does the US constitution apply to Taiwan?

Then fix it, don’t just abandon it. The problem is the big Pharma doesn’t like it.

So what? People get ideas from all over. What makes a fine unconstitutional? What makes a tax break for the rich unconstitutional? Ever thought about that?

I know the mainstream media spent years saying:“IF OBOMOCARE GETS REPEALED PEOPLE WILL LITERALLY DIE ON THE STREETS”, but even before #44care US citizens had healthcare. Many are complaining by the constantly increasing costs of #44care and the fines, as well as the fact that in the beginning people were promised they’d be able to keep their current doctor but, surprise surprise, plenty of people couldn’t.
#44 is irrelevant now, feel free to criticize him without being accused of being racist. But you first have to read how #44care actually works, who got screwed, how etc etc

Sure, send an email to the Supreme Court of the United States and tell them they should make their decisions based on “ideas from all over” rather than from interpreting the constitution of the US. Let me know when you get a reply.

“general welfare” is open to some serious interpretation.

They don’t take their ruling from the constitution, they just make things up as they see fit.

I guess that the constitution by owning a gun means a front loader, carrying 1 bullet.

Giuliani provides some comic relief

2 Likes

He (Cohen) took a plea deal, the U.S. system of threatening someone with decades in jail unless they take a plea deal and/or go broke trying to fight the charges is akin to extracting a confession through torture.

I’m not saying that because I feel the need to bash the reliability of Cohen or assert Trump is innocent or guilty of anything. That’s been my opinion of the U.S. legal system and the leverage the prosecutors uses to get whatever result they want. See here for a comment way before Trump was ever on the scene. It’s a disgusting practice.

Mike Flynn also took a plea deal where he agreed he lied to F.B.I agents, it’s not at all clear he did. But was in a world of pain financially, was being threatened with laws that have never been successfully used to prosecute anyone in the history of the U.S. (like the Logan Act) and they were threatening to go after his son, plus Comey testified originally the 2 F.B.I agents thought he was telling the truth. That case is pretty messed up, I think the judge is due to rule on it tomorrow.

Trump still reads the Daily News

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-michael-cohen-rat_us_5c1707c4e4b05d7e5d835056

B-L-I-S-T-E-R-I-N-G

Oh huffpost, never change.

Good. I’m sure Trumps detractors will heap plenty of scorn and criticism on this move, for me I never saw Russia and USA fighting in the same country as anything other than a potential flash point and USA withdrawal as a step in deescalation.

Looks like #44’s plan of transforming Syria in a Libya 2.0 may have failed.
It’s good news for most people, apart from the “”“moderate rebels”"" of Al Quaeda who for years received weapons and training from the west and now will have to join with Isis fighters and move th Europe or Canada to claim refugee status. Well, maybe it’s good news for them too?

I was very worried about Russia and the US being in the same war zone with opposite interests, and clinton suggesting to have a no fly zone there was the icing on the cake. Luckily the last two years have been better and allowed the Syrian government and its allies to regain control of large parts of the country.

Syria has a functional government unlike what happened in Libya with the “we came, we saw, he died” brigade, so hopefully in a few years they’ll manage to recover.

2 Likes