The narratives about Trump thread

Pretty funny stuff. :grin:

“It’s not only counterproductive, but an insult to John McCain’s memory to see his lifeless body bouncing and flailing across the National Mall like that. It certainly wasn’t necessary for them to exceed 55 miles on the Beltway. I’d really prefer if the president refrained from such conduct.” [said Mitt Romney] At press time, sources confirmed Trump had further escalated his attacks against the late senator by off-roading with the corpse through the rugged terrain of Rock Creek Park.

1 Like

Brb, I want to go back and read the whole thread about the Mueller investigation…

2 Likes

Looks like the media aren’t going to change their ways just yet.

For example, this story. WaPo’s editorial board could have gone with “Confident of Results, Trump Foregoes a Net.” But nope. If this were Obama, you can bet your life the headline and the story would have been all about “cool under fire.”

Yet despite the potential peril, behind the scenes Trump and his team had made limited preparations in the run-up to Friday, when Mueller finally delivered his much-anticipated report to Attorney General William P. Barr.

They had not coordinated an aggressive response machine, as President Bill Clinton’s aides did ahead of independent counsel Kenneth Starr’s 1998 reportabout Clinton’s relationship with White House intern Monica S. Lewinsky. Surrogates were not mobilized in advance. Talking points were not distributed. A report was prepared to counter Mueller’s findings — but there is internal debate about whether to release it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-lashing-out-for-months-against-the-russia-investigation-a-combative-trump-awaits-muellers-findings/2019/03/22/44e23982-473b-11e9-aaf8-4512a6fe3439_story.html?utm_term=.120c7b8d1fb3

Not a Christian according to the pope

https://www.npr.org/2016/02/18/467229313/pope-says-trump-is-not-christian?fbclid=IwAR3_PG8P44-QUWX4Kfw_zMk-oH8vAzvbKtX6vxaZPQUerJChcQ_DIHACRac&t=1553351688490

You will know them by their fruits.

I’m pretty sure Trump is heterosexual, but I could be wrong.

I’m pretty sure @Dr_Milker is heterosexual , but I could be wrong . :thinking: :grinning:

I have my doubts as to whether the Pope is Catholic.

#basta

One potential 2020 candidate gone, I guess?

I know that when talking about the US people often mention a system of “checks and balances”…but if that’s the case, how can a president change the whole public health system in a way that many people considered against the constitution, only to confirm its unconstitutionality several years after the system has been modified and impacted the life of every American citizen?
Was it just a big “OOPSIES, we should have noticed it earlier! Our bad!”

Everything takes time. Ask an electrical engineer.

The checks-and-balances system has much more latency than I would like, but I would like no latency at all, and the laws of physics won’t allow that.

Reasoning from a laughable premise…

That was brilliant. I now love this guy.

Screenshot_20190327-072506-01

I’m not sure on which thread it should go, maybe the Aoc one…but who cares about her anyway.

3 Likes

cnnlol

The Russia nonsense turned out to be a shitshow:“LOL LOOK AT OUR POLLS, PEOPLE DON’T CARE ABOUT RUSSIA, NO NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE, LET’S TALK ABOUT A MORE IMPORTANT ISSUE: HEALTH CARE”

“But dude, #1 is immigrat…”

“HEALTH. CARE.”

1 Like

Hilarious. Spoken like a granddad who gazes on his grandchildren’s interactions at Thanksgiving and thinks htf are these kids ever going to make it, we got work to do.

I’m sure Mike Lee’s common sense goes right over the heads of AOC’s millennial fans, and will until they get a few more years and some actual life experiences behind 'em.

“The solution to climate change is not this un-serious resolution that we’re considering this week in the Senate, but rather the serious business of human flourishing,” Lee said. “The solution to so many of our problems, at all times and in all places, is to fall in love, get married and have some kids.”

1 Like

He may be a bit sheltered.

Iron mike keeps it 100

https://youtu.be/md5nilqoYKU

1 Like

So , if I understand correctly , Clapper now says that it was pressure from Obama to conduct this investigation into Trump ? Is he trying to save his own ass ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=XnKK5NnPJcQ

2 Likes

Let them all throw each other under the bus. That would work out nicely.

Interesting

1 Like