The narratives about Trump thread

The use of the definite article is definitely the interesting use. :2cents:

1 Like

If that cartoon was fair with its extremes it’d show Trump with his hand up some young starlet’s crotch.

Trump talked about it; Wild Bill was more of a “doer.” Seems pretty balanced to me.

1 Like

You know, Strom Thurmond was a democrat, but switched to a party that was more to his sociological liking.

The whole “dems as kkk” has been addressed many times.

1 Like

It’s an old trope that hasn’t been relevant since the demise of the Dixiecrats half a century ago during the civil rights movement. The white supremacy movement is loudly and proudly associated with the right now.

1 Like

Lots of ways to spin this:

http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/09/a-deal-made-possible-by-antifas-collapse.html

But the bottom line is this: the rationalizing narrative of the Resistance is fatally weakened, and the Resistance may be over.

There’s a typo in the opening sentence of whatever rightwing blog you’re linking here. Just FYI.

(I’m not trying to be a grammar nazi. I’m just alt-write)

1 Like

What about the alt-read that came charging at, as you say, the alt-write?

There’s some very fine grammarians on both sides. On both sides.

Well, Trump is right about MAGA in the sense that the satire in and about America hasn’t been this great in long, long time (if ever).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukv9v7IGZw

2 Likes

Pundits/Comedians have been on an 8 year hiatus to avoid committing career-suicide, so now they’re enjoying this opportunity.

I think there’s some truth to your first statement (didn’t Jon Stewart come out at the beginning of Obama’s first term to tell comedians it was okay to laugh at the president?). As to how comedians are enjoying this opportunity, man are they ever! I sometimes feel sorry for folks on the other side because the lampooning is just hilarious (look at the video). Once upon a time, we could all laugh together.

In honor of Hillary’s exciting new book release:

1 Like

His smile is so glorious, truly worthy of being our God Emperor.

#NotYourPresident

He’s everyone’s President <3

No no no, Trump’s the anti-globalist.

He fights globalism from the inside.