The narratives about Trump thread

The conclusion of the House Committee will be that there was no collusion with Russia. It’s a limited conclusion but it’s within the scope of their investigation. As far as I know they are not concluding that Trump did or did not knowingly facilitate Russian money laundering in his real estate transactions. Special Counsel Mueller is (probably) looking into that.

Trump has ideas about foreign relations with Russia that seem to reflect his skepticism of American foreign policy “successes” since the end of the Cold War. He made no secret of that in his campaign, and his opinions were folded into the electoral result. Democrats still struggle with his election. Part of the problem is that the Democrat party is paralyzed over its desire for Trump to be impeached or for Trump to resign.

Democrats simply have not accepted Trump as their President. Their media pours this stance into their minds almost hourly, including BBC. It’s no wonder you are outraged. In fact, I suspect you’re pulling your punches over your outrage. Certainly if you’re on a full diet of BBC, CNN, NYT, Washington Post, MSNBC (and anything further left) you are understandably furious.

3 Likes

I’ve yet to see any evidence of either Trump campaign collusion with the Russians or Russian hacking of the U.S. election. If there is, I’d like to see it. As for the “propaganda,” everybody engages in that, especially the Americans.

1 Like

Pretty sure the Russians have been meddling in politics for decades Worldwide…just like the USA, UK, China. There are highly technical departments in many Governments doing this.
I am a little perplexed that many seem to be more concerned about "Who " uncovered ,as yet undenied emails etc, instead of being concerned about the content of said emails, which pose serious ethical questions about a Presidential candidate and former S .of State

2 Likes

Rex Tillerson gone today.

And Mike Pompeo in, to be replaced at the CIA by Gina Haspel, who will become the first female director. Oops, there goes that misogynist narrative (for those who actually believed it).

1 Like

Did you just assume the Gender Identity of “Gina”?

The consensus among 17 intelligence agencies is that Haspel identifies as a cisgender female. :sunglasses:

I think Mr. Trump and my poor self , need to remember these words
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” ― Aristotle

The mopup continues.

And this is why the Internet is so great.
Catching politicians eating their words.

Having been thoroughly embarrassed by their brazen flip-floppery over former FBI Director James Comey:

Democrats were enamored with Comey over the summer of 2016 when when he famously recommended against pressing charges in the Clinton email investigation.

Then, they soured on Comey after he reopened the investigation a little over a week before the election, demanding he resign.

And then they vehemently defended the honorable FBI Director, shocked and horrified when Trump fired him.

The Democratic leadership then shortened their flip-flopping time horizon to a few short hours around the time Rod Rosenstein was confirmed as deputy attorney general:

0944ET: Schumer “What should happen now, what must happen now, is that Mr. Rosenstein appoints a special prosecutor to oversee this investigation.”

1500ET: Schumer “I have serious doubts over Rosenstein’s impartiality… he shouldn’t appoint the special prosecutor.”

And now none other than Nancy Pelosi has exposed the utter lack of any morals as she hypocritically attacks Rex Tillerson, when it suits her and her party’s agenda; and then defends him a year later…

On December 13th 2016, Nancy Pelosi issued a statement on the Nomination of Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State…

"Our nation has always needed a wise and experienced Secretary of State who has the judgement and the skill to protect our national security, strengthen our alliances, and advocate for human rights.

"Choosing an oil executive friendly with Vladimir Putin as Secretary of State sends a disturbing signal about President-elect Trump’s priorities.

Rex Tillerson’s cozy relationship with the Kremlin is especially alarming in light of his attitude toward sanctions over Russia’s aggressive behavior in Europe, while at the same time the President-elect continues to side with Russia over the judgment of the U.S. intelligence community. President-elect Trump’s priorities.

“The Secretary of State should champion American values, American security and American interests. Fawning over Putin is poor preparation for being the top diplomat of the United States of America.”

And now, fast forward to today and Nancy Pelosi’s reaction to President Trump firing his Secretary of State Rex Tillerson:

"Secretary Tillerson’s firing sets a profoundly disturbing precedent in which standing up for our allies against Russian aggression is grounds for a humiliating dismissal.

President Trump’s actions show that every official in his Administration is at the mercy of his personal whims and his worship of Putin."

Simply put:

Pelosi (2017): Rex Tillerson is “too cozy” with Putin, he’s a Russian puppet.

Pelosi (2018): Rex Tillerson was fired because he stood up to Russia.

2 Likes

Fify:

And so on… mirror images. :yin_yang:

Great logic. Got a sex scandal? Caught saying what you really think on tape? All you need to do to fix it is appoint a woman to a significant position. It’s the new Hail Mary! :rainbow:

Actually “demanding he resign” is softening? Really? The feeling I am getting is that the Democratic Party and most of the MSM are floating in a sea of Mythomania

Or try and say you have DNA evidence from bodily fluids , perhaps ?:wink:

Sorry, posted in a hurry.

Or try and say you have DNA evidence from bodily fluids , perhaps ?

Wait, we’re talking about OJ again? :confused:

If tomorrow Trump ordered the army to bomb Moscow and invade Russia, some people would say:“Ha, it’s just a way to cover his links with the Kremlin!!”.

Retards gonna retard.

1 Like

Sorry, Monica.

We’ll make an always Trumper out of you yet. :grin:

Now I’m more confused. How does saying something incriminating about yourself make a scandal go away?

Oh, right, I forgot. It proves you’re a real man and not a lying politician! :innocent: