The New Bitan Riverpark & Restaurant Area

As many of you know, Bitan, at the end of the Xindian MRT line was closed for a while. It’s been open for a while but I wanted to let people know that some restaurants and cafes have opened recently and they are quite attractive. The whole area has been given a facelift and gone are the grubby metal shack stalls. Instead are outdoor decks with cozy wicker chairs and canvas sail roofs. There are also some smaller stalls in quaint little booths decorated with little seaside-park touches and colors: this is not a night market look and there is as far as I can see no KTV allowed.

The riverpark itself has new paths and surfaces and landscaping. Lots of work continues apace but it is a pleasant little area for an afternoon or evening meal or cup of tea as you look out over the river and the undeveloped hills across the water.

Overall, it is a great little addition to the city.

I took a wee walk there last night with my Flip Mino and will post a couple of vidlets soon. It is indeed rather nice. I particularly like the sections with the big upholstered rattan couches for seating, and even the lights they’ve installed to illuminate the cliffs has been done quite well.
Have no idea about the standard of the food, however, although I saw some people eating quite good-looking steaks, there’s a sub-par pizza joint, a rotisserie chicken thingy and a japanese-style BBQ on sticks thing that also looks OK. Draught Tiger at one of the places.

[quote=“sandman”]I took a wee walk there last night with my Flip Mino and will post a couple of vidlets soon. It is indeed rather nice. I particularly like the sections with the big upholstered rattan couches for seating, and even the lights they’ve installed to illuminate the cliffs has been done quite well.
Have no idea about the standard of the food, however, although I saw some people eating quite good-looking steaks, there’s a sub-par pizza joint, a rotisserie chicken thingy and a japanese-style BBQ on sticks thing that also looks OK. Draught Tiger at one of the places.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t know about the food either. The latte I had at the rattan seat area was too sweet and used cream and not foam. But even if the food is decent I’d still go just to sit outside. Or maybe just have a snack and a few beer. Anyway, its nice to have Bitan back as a place to eat after a hike.