The new Bond, James Bond

No comments yet about Daniel Craig as the new Bond.

Whats the thoughts?

Personally, if he can bring out the original James Bond from the books, which I think he is capable of, he might be the right man for the part.

Comments?

Interesting side-bit
The Life of Ian Fleming, (1908-1964)

1 Like

I just saw him in Layer Cake and he was great.

I don’t mind him, especially in “Sword of Honour” miniseries, but I don’t think he has the gravitas for 007. I was hoping that they’d pick Jude Law. Anyway Sean Connery in an oxygen tent would still get me into the Cinema.

Read the Fleming bio, esp. the “Intel Work” and onward. He coordinated the evacuation of King Zog of Albania. And was buddies with Wild Bill Donovan.

I second that. :laughing:

Robbie Williams in a tux looks rather Bondish…

3rd thumbs up.

A bit OT…had a discussion with 10 or so female co-workers (of various ages) and all thought Sean Connery was the sexiest man in cinema, followed a very distant second by Harrison Ford :frowning: and then various others.

[quote=“llama_lout”]I don’t mind him, especially in “Sword of Honour” miniseries, but I don’t think he has the gravitas for 007. I was hoping that they’d pick Jude Law. quote]

You’ve got to be joking! Jude Law? Sure he’s a ladies man, but could you imagine him throwing a punch? He’s a pansy boy!

At which stage of his career?

Then?

Or now?

I hope it’s now, that means there’s hope!

Messing with 007 is a tricky business, who now remembers George Lazenby?

HG

George was the best Bond EVER… :slight_smile: This opinion has nothing to do with being an Aussie

He sure was. In a great movie, too. He’d play a great cunt. And let’s not forget that Fleming’s Bond was exactly that. Jude Law as a hard man? :loco: You’ll be naming Hugh Grant next! :laughing:

Didn’t the real life Daniel Craig shag Jude Law’s missus? That’s a very good start to a Bond career. It also scotches Jude from the role.

Edit: As an aside, and since Sandy’s on the prowl, it’s worth noting what a fine Englishman a Scotsman can be.

HG

jude law would be a dud. ewan mccregor would be cool i reckon

In about 10 years from now maybe. He looks too young. And not mean enough.

I think sandman would make a good James Bond.

“The name’s Bond… Jimmy Bond… ya radge” (cue Glasgow kiss) :wink:

Ian Fleming said Bond looked like Hoagy Carmichael.

hoagy.com/

not mean enough… seen trainspotting?

neither moore nor connery ever looked mean in their younger days

Ya reckon? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Apologies to Poagao for pinching his foties)

thats scary, but not mean :slight_smile:

Hehe. You see? Even my crap jokes have an element of truth.