The New York State News and Politics Thread

You get what you pay for. :wink:

Given that NY just passed a new tougher gun bill, I’ll leave the title where it’s at. NY can’t be a failed state. I lives here.

You have been living in an alternate reality, ha ha. :slight_smile:
I have nearly 80% of my blood relatives still in the state. They are like horses with blinders on.
I was born there (and lived there), my parents were born there and married there, their siblings all born there and married there, my siblings were born there. I could go on and on. Probably know the state as well as any state I’ve ever lived in (7 and counting).
Will always have very warm memories of the state.

1 Like

Where do you and your people come from? City folk?

Upstate, north of Finger Lakes :wink:
Yes, a city. One that has kept its population the same for decades and housing prices have never increased over that same period of time.
Yes, I like Genesee cream ale.

2 Likes

That’s not upstate. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Good god, that explains a lot. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Back in the days it was either NYC and everything else upstate.

2 Likes

Family get-togethers all have pics of the beer everywhere.

1 Like

And those of us on the North Country thought the city folks, NYC, not the other four cities with over 100k ppl — well, we thought them daft.

Let me know if you pass through Albany and we’ll get a beer.

1 Like

I’ll wear my Genesee hat and golf shirt. :beers:

Sweet, we’ll drink at a bodega in Arbor Hill. My student’s dad runs it. Daily, like daily fights, arguments and stabbings. It’ll be just like IP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what we thought. Anything north of Poughkeepsie was close enough.

1 Like

Right and a big hike in the Catskills was at Kaaterskill Falls. :wall:

1 Like

Never been I think, but we went to Bear Mountain a few times :slight_smile: We usually go up by Phonecia, maybe we’ll check it out this year!

1 Like

To us, western NY is just Buffalo. yuk.
My brother when in high school was taken to a Bills game (in early 80s) by an older cousin.
He always tells the story of drunken fights breaking out in the stadium, and they were Not between rival team fans, ha ha.

2 Likes

Again, you get this close and we don’t get a beer, that’s sinful. I clean up nice.

Great, so those in Rochester DO know directions. lol
For us, in Albany (transplant from the ADK, anything west of Duanesburgh is WNY.

Also, if you say Al-bany, and not All-bany, yer a rube.
Also, redux, BEAR MT? Come on, junkie, you can still see the NYC smog from there.

1 Like

Well, his dad is now and forever disgraced, but people who think like that wouldn’t have voted red anyway—so— who’s to say?

I haven’t heard a peep from the other GOPers, but the sentiment for the dems in Albany, the city, is thinning.

Lovely. If it’s not the Cuomo “gangster politico” family, it’s the Giuliani’s.
What’s next, Chelsea Clinton gonna enter some fray somewhere in NY? :man_facepalming:

You shut your mouth! :woozy_face:

We need to prepare ourselves psychologically ahead of time for that moment.