The New York State News and Politics Thread

I’d rather move.

Well, let’s think it out. mini-Giuliani wins gubbie election, and Chelsea somehow gets a Rep seat in order to run 4 years later for NYC voters to vote her in as governess.
Giving you plenty of time to sell house and consider one of those other states without income taxes, etc. :slight_smile:

Stopped by Dunkin’s at 3 pm today for coffee, front doors were locked. I walked up to the drive through window to get my fix, I asked them why they were closed? I just sat down in there the day before. They hemmed and hawed a bit but the older lady in there said “they’re closed because the school is getting out now”, local middle school. Great stuff

1 Like

So, they want to make sure no middle-schoolers eat donuts or drink coffee or both?

I assumed the middle schoolers were causing problems in their store.

1 Like

McDonalds in Albany does that.

Wait, wut? Are you back in Pete Davidson Town?

1 Like

I have some catching up to do. WTH are these people??

So, Rudi’s boy won’t get vaxxed? He’s on a big screen TV. Whatta maroon.

Next!

It’s cringeworthy. I’m one question in and each guy is trying to fully throat Trump’s ahem legacy.

Still trying to figure out who they are:

Rolex Ron and Never Trumper someone…

One of their best songs, imho. Your Rudi can’t fail it for me.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Albany-police-shot-a-man-in-city-s-South-End-17253528.php?IPID=Times-Union-HP-breaking-bar

At a press conference Monday evening, Chief Eric Hawkins said the suspect allegedly swung the knife again at the injured officer after being shot. The second officer managed to convice the man to put the knife down and officers then rendered first aid to the man. Hawkins said officers showed “extraordinary amount of restraint” and used descalation tactics to ensure no one else sustained further injury.

Hawkins said officers recovered a knife that was about eight inches in length with a four-inch blade.

Both men were in stable condition, Officer Steve Smith, a spokesman for the police department, said. A source said the officer suffered a deep laceration and required a blood transfusion. He was released from the hospital Monday.

A blood transfusion? Damn, knife must have hit an artery. That’s less than five minutes from Albany med.

The man’s ex-partner tried to get information on his condition from officers at the scene but wasn’t told anything and turned away screaming in frustration.

A family member at the scene questioned why officers did not use Tasers or mace to disarm the man. Community members had received little information about what happened.

“They’re not explaining anything to the (partner), they’re not explaining anything to the community,” she said. “There are other ways to disarm him if he was a threat to them.”

He’s lucky they shot him only once.

My arched eyebrow part of the article:

The man had a reputation as a peacemaker on the street, she said.

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Do not pass Go.

@jdsmith , NYSC follows up with this. Bravo.

In its decision on Monday, the Court ruled that the law is “illegal, null, and void” because “it is clear … that voting is a right granted to citizens of the United States,”

2 Likes

yikes

bad day for eternity

A nuke dropped on NYC would not be this simple. Why not just re-run “duck and cover”.

New York City launched a nuclear attack preparedness public service announcement on Monday, saying it’s best to be prepared even if such a strike is unlikely.

“While the likelihood of a nuclear weapon incident occurring in/near New York City is very low, it is important New Yorkers know the steps to stay safe,” the city’s Emergency Management Department said in its announcement.

The PSA comes after Russian President Vladimir Putin made unspecific warnings earlier this year about his country’s nuclear arsenal amid deteriorating relations with the West over Moscow’s ongoing war in Ukraine.

Christina Farrell, the first deputy commissioner of Emergency Management, told 1010 WINS that while a nuclear attack is “low probability” it would have “high impact,” so the city wants people feeling confident that they’re ready.

1 Like

Sure because nyc does floods and hurricanes so well. :crazy_face:

It is truly a wonder who really owns the world, isn’t it? How is that even possible?

Apparently, a bunch of total morons. Who knew?

I’m sure they’ll fix it by 2032 or so.

What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

Could be China too…