The nicest thing that happened to me today

I have this 20-something rock chick in my Saturday morning English conversation class. Always interesting to talk with her about whatever subject we discuss that day, even though we are totally opposites.

Today she had to attend other classes, but she still walked in "just to say ‘hello’ " and that she would miss me and our weekly encounter. I’ve had a smile on my face ever since.

What nice thing happened to you, today?

3 Likes

Thanks so much for starting this thread!

Today, my kids were fussy and a nice person handing out advertisements gave one to each of my kids. They had stickers. My kids loved them!

A lady let me sit down for a cannoli and an espresso even though they were closing.

2 Likes

A girl told me:
“I’ll fly with you”
I told her
“I don’t care what you’ve done in your life”

1 Like

The guy at Mos Burger brought my carryout food out to my chair instead of announcing my number.

2 Likes

The checkout chick smiled at me when I said thank-you in Japanese (I’m in Japan)
That means she was into me, right?

T4ul4RW

2 Likes

Did you spend the whole meal trying to figure out how to work “Leave the _____. Take the cannoli” into the conversation?

1 Like

At the rave on the top of elephant mountain tonight?

I play music when my 3rd graders work on their writing. I usually play Mozart. Last week I played American Beauty. They loved it. Today I played a live version of “Fire on the Mountain.” The kids, from the Congo, Cameroon, Afghanistan and Chuuk started spontaneously to sing to chorus together and left the classroom chanting, “Fire. Fire on the mountain.”

Best feeling ever.

3 Likes

Did a Halloween parade with my daughter and some other ex-pat fams. Then met some new dad friends over beers at a park.

My younger kid agreed to take a ful shot and voluntarily walked into doctor’s office.

Today was a good day for fruit. I had a big bowel of pomelos all peeled for me and ready to eat, no work required on my part.

I also had two of the little squishy guavas that have red flesh. They smell so nice.

Big bowel of pomelos :joy::+1:

2 Likes

well, technically also true now I guess

3 Likes

stalker

Awwww… One thing for sure , being happy makes you put weight on :yum:

1 Like