The not-sure-if-racist thread

lol @ these idiots. Enjoy incoming unemployment, if they were employed to begin with. Some no doubt about to get friendly neighborhood FBI visits as well.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2020/01/10/triggered-trumpers-call-for-violence-against-michigan-democrats-and-muslims-in-vile-facebook-page

The creator of the page, Charlie Gillett, admits the “group has spun out of control” and told Metro Times he shut down the page to avoid repercussions at his job as a machine tool electrician in Sterling Heights if his identity is revealed in this story. (He’s listed publicly as the administrator and creator of the page on Facebook.)

One story from the conservative site Outraged Patriot falsely suggested Slotkin “admits her full allegiance to Qassam Soleimani,” the Iranian general who was killed in a U.S. airstrike.

Member Merek Smith suggested Slotkin “should be burned and raped.”

“Off with her head,” wrote Joe Hackett, whose main Facebook image is a handgun.

“She needs to be hung in the streets for treason,” Mike Repke responded.

Many of the threats are very specific. More than a dozen members, for example, called for violence against Tlaib at an event that she was expected to attend this weekend in Livonia. (She is not attending the event.)

“I hope someone is waiting for her a few hundred yards away with a scope ready to make that pink mist spray from her skull,” Michael Buschert posted on Wednesday.

Dan Hester responded, “we should hang out, i will train you……”

Robert Heidorf chimed in, “Dame like your thinking and many more in them cross hairs to.”

Members also raised the specter of violence at the Iraqi Consulate in Southfield, where Muslims where gathering this week to mourn Iraqi victims of a recent U.S. bombing of an Iranian general and others.

“This is the type of shit they should shoot up instead of churches lolol. Yeah I said it,” Coterie Chapel wrote.

Nellie Snookie Detwiler responded, “You say what many of us think but bit our tongues lol.”

Danny Stray chimed in, “Burn them and their mosques!”

Lonnie E. Root agreed: “Just kill them all.”

Fred Thornell went even further: “Fuck it blow them and Detroit up doesn’t bother me none if we loose them both.”

LGBTQ communities also are targets of hate.

“People that are gay have a mental sickness and should be treated,” Zach Eddy posted. Brian Schulz added, “Them lgbtqp queers have the highest suicide rate cuz they’re so confused. If we leave them alone they will follow their own demise.”

Members were furious about a news story about Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson considering adding a third gender option on driver’s licenses.

“I really don’t know how much more i can take of this bullshit,” Sarah Loach of Flint wrote. Bloodpressure rises every day. I am about to go postal.”

Muslims are the most common target of threats and calls for violence.

“Bomb Dearborn!” Chad Kenworthy posted on Friday. Bruce Botwright agreed: “Blow the fuck out of dearborn now.”

Under a video showing Muslims praying at a Six Flags theme park, group members expressed outrage.

“Umm BOOM, rebuild 6flags .…. simple,” wrote Rick A. Steele, whose Facebook profile says he’s the CEO and owner of Mill Creek Taxidermy in Redford.

Albert Viotti added, “So long Six Flags! A big bomb would be bad ass.”

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. It’s good to know that there is a minority of the population whose thoughts become highlighted for their bigotry and ignorance.

No problem. I love how the article takes the time to list all the quotes and the names attached.

Sets a nice example for those in the future who think the coast may be clear to wander outside with no mask, with this kind of behavior.

But these people are also probably dumb enough to think they could use an alias and still not get FBI visits for some of the comments there.

Do you try to correct them?

Are assuming I know people who speak in this manner?

I simply think it’s odd that such a vicious racist would decide to work in a profession in which a disproportionate of players are black but am grateful that after nearly 50 years he was outed by a poorly performing team who, reportedly, dislikes him.

I actually believe he meant to say slugs. It makes more sense. If they played like thugs, maybe they’d actually win some games.

1 Like

Are you aware that 2 of their 5 starters and their initial two guys off the bench are white guys?

Are you aware that black supremacists like to tout their physical superiority by saying that white people are slow…like A SLUG! This is a well-known ethnic slur that is offensive and, I can’t even, even.

1 Like

This is a pretty white team in the nba.

They could play more like thugs imo. Today’s nba is not as fun with the players acting like they’re all bffs.

Tristan Thompson played like a thug for an entire postseason until he got paid.

Ironically, Dellavedova is probably the most thuggish guy on their team.

1 Like

You guys are overreacting as usual with the empty chair routine, holding up what I assume is whomever on far-left tweeting as an indication of a societal plague of PC-ness. It exists but the ferocity you guys respond to it with is so disproportionate it’s hilarious.

Just to help you out, one of the players said the coach calls them slugs all the time. Enjoy.

1 Like

When even SAS says it’s ridiculous, it’s pretty stupid.

Holy strawman!

1 Like

Personally I prefer the one thread where there’s the back and forth about guys with 2 wieners who identify as walrus’ as being imminent threats to our way of life. Don’t quote me on that though.

1 Like

Making blanket statements about an entire group…

2 Likes

Racist, bigoted or just real dumb like.

Hey hey hey, she’s talking about those particular Jews not every Jewish person on the earth. You can’t be racist if you’re targeting a small sample size of an ethnic group.

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Is it OK when Asian reporters do it? :thinking:

4 Likes