The oddest foreigner you've met here -- share your story

Oh God! Him! He’s a real whackjob! Unbelievable! This guy … this guy … this guy spends all this money on wonderful ham, bread, pickles, cheese, etc. Then what does he do? Why, he only lets all these other nutjobs into his house, feeds them and plies them with wonderful beer from all over the world.
And he leaves Dofu lying around all over his living room floor.
What a crazed loon!

Why is that odd? He’s probably a partner in that store anyway. There used to be a guy down in Taichung (Steve was it?) who opened a subway franchise. He was never afraid to roll up his sleeves and serve customers. It may even be him - moved up to Taipei.

i know this guy, teaches english in a bushiban, has a taiwanese girlfriend, speaks chinese and even eats choudoufu (no not you joe)…he’s really weird, heard he’s got a little black book with 'is poems in…

Ya nimrods!!! That’s our tigerboy! :laughing:

I have one…
About a year ago, I was at vibe one night, very,very late. yuck. Anyway, I was standing in the back, when this Canadian guy came up to me and started talking. He talked, I listened. He was an “artist” and a “poet” trying to come across as very tragic. Anyway, he asked for my number. I said no, so he asked for my email. I said no again. He pleaded, so I gave him an old hotmail account that I barely use. I then left the bar with some friends.
A few hours later, he sent me a very long email telling me about himself and about all the sexual fantasies he had been having about me. I was completely disgusted. An hour or so after the first email, he sent me another one, then another one, and on and on…he sent me 9 emails that day. I would like to include some quotes from these emails.

They started innocently enough: “I read, I cycle, I make soup”

but then…
“You should wear a skirt next time I see you. Do you have any tearable cotton?”

and even worse: “I am naked in front of my computer. I see no one today. I have a sick fantasy: on the floor, you’re over there, across the room, on your hands and knees…your midriff is circled with soft white ropes and the oil shines up so your skin seems translucent, deeper than the heat…I want to crawl to you know…”
I can’t continue, it’s gets pretty sick.

Those quotes were all from the first email. In the second email, he pleads with me to let him take pictures of me naked. He’s an “artist” after all.
In the third email, he gets angry because I haven’t written back. By the fourth email he’s quite upset:
“and they keep you stupid and illiterate and you are conditionned to reject me. I have to go to Thai-fucking-land if I want some youngsters…”
“I am a good guy: you must be a stupid cunt who wants only bastards.”

Well, finally, after a few more emails, he sent me an invitation to his house for a lovely potluck dinner. He described the delicious indian curry that he was going to prepare and asked that I bring something vegetarian.

This guy seriously freaked me out. I would like to warn other girls about him. His name is David and he’s kind of squirrely. Has anyone else run into (or away from) this guy??

1 Like

Seems there’s lotsa guys named Dave who are making it to this thread. “Forceps Dave”, “Manchester Dave” and now…“Oh No…it’s Dave” whom I suspect we all know and love as PoPo. It sounds right up his, erm…“alley”.

And LB is wise to warn girls away from him. I’d warn guys away from him too, just so you don’t get creeped out by his "erm, …“innuendo”.

Oh, fwiw, he is a hell of a photographer…kind of an idiot savant in that respect…but ooooooooo…icky… :noway:

I knew if I hung around this thread long enough, old PoPo’d pop up.

His wife owns the place, you knucklehead.

That’s no excuse…who wears the pants in that family anyway. Ha…I laugh at him…forced to make subs for condescending foreigners…HA!

FWIW, Tigerman also has another, very interesting part time job. :laughing:

Just be thankful he’s in Atlanta at the moment, or you’ll have your briefs tied up in a quick second.

What, hawking panities in a nightmarket. “Yi pie yi pie yi pie”?

and,

What??? :astonished: Tigerman and this sub guy are the same. Wasn’t he looking for a new name earlier. Maybe a guy that let’s his wife force him to work for $86NT/hr should be called “TigerLily”.

also,

I’m not sure that if I was forced to work in a sub shop, having to suffer the slings and arrows of derisive snobs, I’d appreciate my one solace of posting here anonymously to be so ingloriously out’d in such a flamable thread. Just a thought…

It is not my place to publicly announce what Tigerman’s “part time” job is. But you might want to tone it down a bit because loss of face can be a serious event here in Taiwan. You silly little person you. :laughing:

I stand understood. :notworthy: xiao san ba…u got it u wise ol mage.

I have bought many a sub from he and his wife, the lovely Xiao Bai. They make them to perfection. I just felt like trolling a bit this aft. Kinda bored. Truth be known, the T-man is a beacon to us all. He is “De Doo Dah Man”.

I have to say that the first time I met him, as an FOB, I thought it a really “odd” sight. But the affable guys that we both are, we struck up a friendship immediately.

But DB, good one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know you, 38, but your posts in this thread lead me to conclude that you, sir/ma’am, are an idiot.

How do you know that he is being “forced” to make subs?

What’s wrong with making subs–or pizza or vegetarian food? Plenty of foreigners have opened restaurants here in Taiwan–and most put their time in in the kitchen making the food.

How do you know that he makes NT$ 86 an hour? Maybe this person works there to help out a friend or a family member. I don’t get your joke about “Tigerlily.”

I, for one, would rather be making subs in Subway than posting ill-informed, assumption-filled posts like yours here on Forumosa.

P-p-p-p-oo-o-o-o-p-o-o-o-p-o.

Definitely a true wingnut who I’m very happy not to know.

Poopoo, besides being a perv, is also a bad poet. The scary thing is is that he is probably having a wank to our posts even as we type. :astonished:

Heh heh! I’m seeing some outstanding hockey from 38 here. Really good goalkeeping. Quite stupendous, really. Or should that be fishing? Reelin’ 'em in but good.
Tigerlily indeed!

San ba hao CHO!!

There’s this weird older fellow from Canada who likes to post his picture on Am I Hot or Not. Seen him around? Canadians are by far the looniest of all the foreigners, IMO.

That reminds me of that pair of Brits I met one night a couple of years ago in the Armory (one of the main foreigner pubs in Tainan). They’d obviously just rolled into Taiwan from a recent stay in Thailand and all they could talk about was prostitutes. They were English teachers and one of them mumbled between bites of his sandwich, after I told them I was an American, how American English was a degraded form of mutant doggerel, not like the REAL British English. They started quizzing me on the…“bar scene” in Taiwan. I tried explaining to them that Taiwan wasn’t the same as Thailand, and one of them spat out, “Rubbish! They got people selling themselves everywhere! They got old ladies digging through garbage’ll do it for a handful of quid!” They then went off on how people in poor countries like this looked up at people like us as unbelievably rich (never mind that Taiwan’s per capita is almost the same as Britain’s…obviously they knew fuck-all about the country, they thought it was some miserable third-world hole like Thailand). Finally, the conversation climaxed with one of the Brits banging his fist on the table, screaming at me the question, “How many women have you got that you HAVEN’T paid for!?” Yeah, because obviously a man can’t get laid in Asia without having to pay for it…it was obvious to me why those two otherwise young, non-fat, reasonably decent-looking guys couldn’t get laid without having to pay for it - even the language barrier can’t cover up a truly noxious personality.

A friend (male) and I put a bogus ad in the City Paper (now defunct) proclaiming to be a hot babe looking for “indoor sports.” We must have been bored.
We got a reply from a man teaching English (figures) along with a nice full nude picture of himself.
Unfortunately for him, either my friend or someone else who looked at the picture recognized him (or his face, anyway) and knew which school he taught at.
So we posted the picture in a glass display box for notices at the very school where he taught.
So, either we were weird or he was