The Official Game Club Thread

I have vague memory of being told Game Club needs new life breathed into it. This telling-to happened 6 beers deep at the last Happy Hour, so I don’t remember the whole conversation. I remember talking about shooting ghost children or something though, so it must have been serious business.

I don’t know who is still showing up for Game Club gaming. Those of you that are still regulars should post something here. Those of you interested in what Game Club is all about can ask.

Basically, people just show up and play board games. The location we use has a bunch of games there availible to play and we can bring our own. I am a “master” of all games and will play anything (Chess, Go, Settlers of Catan, Scrabble, Zombie Attack, etc.) others might like playing different games.

The location is:
No. 7, Lane 56, Xinsheng South Road, Sec.3
Taipei, Taiwan
(Near Taiwan University)
Telephone: 02-2362-5494
witchhouse.org/

It’s directly across from the Taida soccer field. There’s a stop light there. It’s in that lane.
[b]

Questions?
[/b]

Post in this thread, PM me, or look me up on Skype (miltownkid) if you like causual (or hardcore) board game gaming. You can also SMS or call me: 0988 286 820

A bit busy these days with work and research…

I would like to play some of these strategy games, not only these nice child board games, they are also fun. If someone is there for playing games like Wilderness War or Pathes of Glory I would go for sure. Other games, more strategy ones, I would love to learn and play.

Probably I will have time in January when my dissertation is finished…

I’d have to get schooled in the art of those kinds of games. I wouldn’t mind learning though.

Sounds good to me.

see the problem is , you guys never had mahjong@!!! ANd I had mahjong cards to boot. :fume:

We can play online with Yahoo. But it’s that weird old lady version from the US. Maybe buy one of those 7/11 Majiang games before you go so you can get your fix anytime you like. That or learn the US granny version (as seen in driving Miss Daisy.)

We can play online with Yahoo. But it’s that weird old lady version from the US. Maybe buy one of those 7/11 Majiang games before you go so you can get your fix anytime you like. That or learn the US granny version (as seen in driving Miss Daisy.)[/quote]

:raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry:

but you gonna show me which online game to buy, right?

As someone who has been going almost religiously for the last 4 years, I can vouch it’s getting quieter. There were 3 members who went weekly and one of them just returned to Kiwiland. We need new blood. Especially to spill over strategy games like Antike or Settlers of Catan Cities and Knights. But seriously, kids.

We play all sorts of games, we’ve gotten away from word games since we appreciate the fact that not everyone who went to Games Club was a native speaker of English, and turned more to games where language was not essential to winning.

The way things have been going, I feel like a member of some sketch comedy where every week there’s a special guest star, including Namahottie, Kello Hitty, Ensign, and Miltownkid who pops in for a day and brings a new flavor to the games, but are only around for that one “episode”.

The newest tradition the threesome has started was to play from 2pm or so on and have dinner somewhere afterwards. We are pretty personable people…well, we don’t bite except on command… and we play all sorts of games. It’s a good way to practice your English - and English teachers should know what I mean. All are welcome to attend. We have the table by the windows booked every Sunday at the Witch House.

See you there this Sunday!

How about trying a new marketing gimmick? I mean, the title “Game Club” may sound a little too safe and boring for some.

Perhaps you could use this picture of Miltownkid’s to advertise your group as “Boys, Beers, and Brains”.

[quote=“miltownkid”]
[/quote]

That sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, no?

what ever all the kool kidz play games… thats just the way it is… :smiley:

I miss how everyone USED to be there to play and have fun…
One hopes the revival embraces the funness of games

If I lived in Taipei I’d go!

[quote=“Erhu”]How about trying a new marketing gimmick? I mean, the title “Game Club” may sound a little too safe and boring for some.

Perhaps you could use this picture of Miltownkid’s to advertise your group as “Boys, Beers, and Brains”.

[quote=“miltownkid”]
[/quote]

That sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, no?[/quote]

Since 1/2 of the current regular members, formerly 1/3 of the Game Clubbers are female (i.e. moi ) it would be misleading… however, Intelligent Conversation with ImaniOU (and Games too!) might be a little catchier if you’re going for an alliterative approach. Or how about Games, Grub, and Great Fun.

In any case, I am going and it had better not be just me and mythrandore there.

I’ll be there earlier actually. Closer to 2pm.

I’ll be there, with a deck of Grass.
gamereport.com/tgr3/grass.html

Brand new deck and I’ve been itching to get a game going…for years.

A “deck” of “grass” eh? Been “itching” to get a “game” going for years you say… :ponder:

Late post. Had a great time last Sunday. Will be there again with Grass this Sunday, 2:30 or so.

This time we play with the Market Close option and yesyesyes I will deal to the Left, so Rascal should be happy. :wink:

btw, if the wife leaves her bra, does she get 20% off HER bill or the total bill? She can’t do pushups.

My brain is bursting with comebacks to this…

Yeah, last week was pretty good. Played the Jdsmith variation of Grass. Things got cut short because they were having a show later in the evening, but I invited everyone over to me crib to play video games, drink beer and eat pizza.

New comers welcome. Just shoot me a message if you need help finding the place or anything.

Did I miss something?

Anyone who was thinking about coming, here’s the reminder. (Call/SMS me 0988 286 820)

Today we’re going to play:

Grass (with the official rules):

Grass is a game where you try to get the biggest stash of… Grass (the kind for smoking, not growing.) Winner is the first to 250,000US.

Dos Rios

This sweet game where you try to be the first to build 4 houses on a river, or build all 5 of your houses. The cool past is the fact that you can manipulate the flow of the river with dams. So if someone is enjoying the benifits of having their house on the river, you can be an ass and reroute it (but be careful, they’ll probably be on a mission to do the same to you.)

And any other games you or anyone else might want to play.

I’ll be there at 2(ish.)

Not yet. But it looks like you might if you don’t show up. :smiley:

[quote]Grass (with the official rules): [/quote] :raspberry:

WAS THAT A SHOT?

Maybe it was… maybe it wasn’t. You’ll find out…