The Official Game Club Thread

A nice turn out today. I’ll get pictures up in the morning. I think we had… 10 people show up today (including myself.)

I “volunteered” (was asked) to teach a family how to play a game they could have fun with, so I taught them The Bean Game (Bonahanza sp?) That made me miss out on most of the Grass action, but it sounds like it was really fun.

Right when my volunteer job was done, an old friend rolled in and I chatted it up with him.

Anyhoo, I did get to get a game of Settlers in at the end.

See ya next week!

Was good to play on such a cold cold day! All they need in there is a fireplace to make it homey.

Nice to meet twocs and see BFM, jaboney and The Pixie and Imaniou again. Playing Grass with all the rules could be a day long adventure. (Did I say that outloud?)

Too cold outside, so no bras were left AFAIK, but The Pixie did 10 pushups!

As promised:

The Pixie is tough! Nasty elbows too. ow!
I can’t believe that I fell $10,000 short of winning with one hand, only to be fried by all the heat laid on after that.

Good time.
(A hell of a lot better than the drubbing I took playing hockey later on.)

Today’s Game: Antike

[quote=“Rio Grande Games”]Antike is a challenging strategy game about evolution and competition among ancient civilizations. Ancient nations create cities, build temples, sail the seas, and discover new principles of science and technology. Their legions and galleys open new settlements and defend their people against attacks from their enemies. Two scenarios can be chosen as the game board is two-sided. Players choose from Greeks, Romans, and Germanic tribes and Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Persians, Arabs, Egyptians, and Babylonians.

Every nation tries to win ancient kings, scholars, generals, citizens, and navigators for themselves. The nation that acquires a specified number (depending on the number of players) ancient personalities first will win the game!

Lead one of these nations to victory! But watch out for your enemies, as they will want to conquer your cities to destroy your temples. The game depends not on the luck of dice or cards, but on thoughtful plans and skillful diplomacy.[/quote]

I’m told that the rules are simple, the play is fast (about 2 hours) and it’s wicked fun. Today will be my first day playing, hope some other will join. The game is for 2-6 players so I’m sure there will be some open spots. We’re start at about 2:30 (with me getting there at 2is :slight_smile:.)

There are literally hundreds of games to choose from. Stop by with a friend and try out some of the two player games. See ya there!

No show on the Antike, although we did play some Dos Rios and Ticket to Ride. A small turnout of three - miltown, twocs, and myself - but still lots of fun (as usual). Where is mythrandore?

OK, we’re going to do Settler’s of Catan this Sunday. We’re also going to add the Cities and Knights extension so it will cater up to 6 people. We’ll start that when ImaniOU gets there (what time will that be eh… eh!)

I’ll be there at 2:30 and I’m bring my Chess set and go board if anyone wants to mess with that. Uh… Yeah!

Noobies fear not, we’ll teaching you how to play before pillaging your cities and slaying your knights. :smiley:

The location is:
No. 7, Lane 56, Xinsheng South Road, Sec.3
Taipei, Taiwan
(Near Taiwan University)
Telephone: 02-2362-5494
witchhouse.org/

[quote=“miltownkid”]OK, we’re going to do Settler’s of Catan this Sunday. We’re also going to add the Cities and Knights extension so it will cater up to 6 people. We’ll start that when ImaniOU gets there (what time will that be eh… eh!)

I’ll be there at 2:30 and I’m bring my Chess set and go board if anyone wants to mess with that. Uh… Yeah!

Noobies fear not, we’ll teaching you how to play before pillaging your cities and slaying your knights. :smiley:

The location is:
No. 7, Lane 56, Xinsheng South Road, Sec.3
Taipei, Taiwan
(Near Taiwan University)
Telephone: 02-2362-5494
witchhouse.org/[/quote]

I’ll go to bed before 4 am tonight if that helps…

I’m in a scrabble club here. But there something left to be desired. Probably a challenge from Imaniou over the world 'bootylicious" :smiley:

Last week was good, but we didn’t have all the necessary components for a game of Cities and Knights.

We’re planning on doing Cities and Knights at my pad next Sunday and we want to do it with the 6 player expansion pack. I’ll have to confirm, but I think 4 seats are filled. Anyone else want in?

The event will be BYOB :beer:

[quote=“miltownkid”]Last week was good, but we didn’t have all the necessary components for a game of Cities and Knights.

We’re planning on doing Cities and Knights at my pad next Sunday and we want to do it with the 6 player expansion pack. I’ll have to confirm, but I think 4 seats are filled. Anyone else want in?

The event will be BYOB :beer:[/quote]

I had fun putting the stickers on the wooden pieces for Cities and Knights. I even got cute little bags for the pieces… :slight_smile:

The Sunday event thread is here: [The Cities and PIMPS! of Catan [Game Club Event, Sun 1/28]

We don’t plan on meeting at the Witch House this coming Sunday (1/28.) See the above thread for details.

I’m going to stay in today. I’m coming down with something and I want to avoid getting sick if I can. I don’t know if everyone has exchanged phone numbers yet or not, but you can PM me and I’ll send you the ones I have.

I sent some to twocs already.

This Sunday is the Forumosa Weiya and I’ll be helping out there. I have to miss a second weekend.

That’s okay, four of us showed up yesterday, but the Witch House was having its own weiya so we had to leave at 5pm.

Where were you seated? Coz I dropped in around 4:30pm and didn’t see any familiar faces (except the staff)!?

Anyone up for games today? I don’t know if Witch House is open (I can ring them) but my place is. I only have the Bean Game, Settlers and Ricochet Robot at the house.

They weren’t. And I didn’t see this thread until I had gone home. Too bad.

We are long overdue for a Games Club Field Trip. We have been to Yangmingshan, Mucha, and Jiufen. What say y’all to a trip to Yingge (if Sir Smith may be so kind in pointing us to a nice teashop or such in his stomping grounds)?

[quote=“ImaniOU”]They weren’t. And I didn’t see this thread until I had gone home. Too bad.

We are long overdue for a Games Club Field Trip. We have been to Yangmingshan, Mucha, and Jiufen. What say y’all to a trip to Yingge (if Sir Smith may be so kind in pointing us to a nice teashop or such in his stomping grounds)?[/quote]
There’s a game club get together going on at the Witch House tomorrow that’s being organized by the “international man of mystery.”

I was told that it will begin at 2PM. Now yall been told as well.

I also met up with some guys that have regular Risk get-togethers, and I might host a game of Risk at el cribo miltown one evening.

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“ImaniOU”]They weren’t. And I didn’t see this thread until I had gone home. Too bad.

We are long overdue for a Games Club Field Trip. We have been to Yangmingshan, Mucha, and Jiufen. What say y’all to a trip to Yingge (if Sir Smith may be so kind in pointing us to a nice teashop or such in his stomping grounds)?[/quote]
There’s a game club get together going on at the Witch House tomorrow that’s being organized by the “international man of mystery.”

I was told that it will begin at 2PM. Now yall been told as well.

I also met up with some guys that have regular Risk get-togethers, and I might host a game of Risk at el cribo miltown one evening.[/quote]

Risk?! I’m in TaiChung until Thursday, but would like to play Risk.

“It’s Risk, Jerry. The game of world conquest.” - Kramer