🏀 Basketball | NBA

Could also be their China ties and reaction to the HK situation. I’m sure they lost some viewers for that.

1 Like

I think Rudy can be forgiven for his stupid intentional spreading of the virus act now haha.

I cancelled my league pass for a few reasons. Mostly, my team exited. But I was also annoyed with the constant SJW stuff, I just want to enjoy basketball. It was also clear that the league wanted the lakers or clippers to win, they also had a stacked team. The HK stuff also played a part.

I stopped watching when the Raptors were eliminated :wink:
But seriously, I think the salary cap, zero loyalty to their team, having the same teams win, and stars demanding trades to win a championship immediately instead of building one turns people off. That why I won’t watch it. NHL has a good salary cap. Good teams become bad teams as they hold onto aging players’ contacts.
The salary cap is real and you can’t just pay your way out of it.

When the Raptors won their championship with the rental Leonard I thought he’d stay. He walked to win elsewhere. He almost teamed up with James.

The endless championships with the same teams is boring for me. I like to see underdogs have a chance.

1 Like

I would think a higher but real salary cap would be a good option. Yeah, I feel you on the loyalty thing, but tbf, Leonard never intended to stay from the start and both sides were fine with that. I know many raptors fans, and myself hoped he would change his mind. That was a fantastic team to watch together.

As a Dallas fan, I’m lucky to have a guy like Dirk growing up. I hope Doncic will stay as well. This is a exciting young team to watch. I really think 1 piece away from being a real contender within 1-3 years.

1 Like

Game 2 is NOW the least-watched NBA Finals game in history.

1 Like

But, but, but, but… the message was working so well with the (much fewer) viewers. NBA should do it for-evah.

1 Like

LA Wins…

2 Likes

You guys notice that China also resumed airing the NBA after this was announced? I think Morey was pushed out.

The 2019-20 season losses are slight in comparison to what awaits the NBA in 2020-21 if the season advances without fans and accompanying gate-night receipts, the league told teams – a projected 40% loss in overall revenue, or approximately $4 billion.

That’s a lot of missed field goals.

1 Like

Idk if they just play this way in the CBA or they’re going after him. A lot of tripping and players just trying to body him after him beat they off the dribble. Lots of hands swinging for no reason, especially if they got beat. These guys look so slow compared to him they don’t even bother moving their feet to play D.

1 Like

You’d think a 32-year-old with a degree in Economics from Harvard and his fame in both China and Taiwan would be getting into something besides a minor league team. Still, if he catches on with the Warriors even for a couple of years as a back-up it will be worth it at NBA pay levels

I believe he ran into issues with the CBA preventing NBA teams from legally signing him. A strange issue. The remaining nba roster spots had to be filled while they sorted out the issue.

Houston is junk now that Harden has left. All the power is the two mega cities now with the new Big Three in NYC. (Harden also gets his old coach too!)

3 Likes

Never knew that Willie was into painting

Such a cool dude

Maybe next NBA hope from Taiwan, “ZERO” https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4593711/louis-tang

1 Like

A 6’4" guy averaging 7ppg for VMI? What am I missing?

Can’t make 3s unfortunately. Not going to cut it in today’s league.

Probably have a career in SBL if he wanted.

One can hope, looks like nice young guy. I had many Aussie guy to follow in NBA when I was there, seems few locals from here.

Ah, got it.

Anyway, good to have somebody else posting here.

1 Like