The one you love or the one who loves you

I have been told being with someone who loves me is a lot better than being with one I love since I was a teenager…i didn’t think so but as time goes by, I am not young any more. I start to think maybe they are right. what do you think? it’d be great if you have your own stories

I’ve never been attracted to the ones who’ve loved me if I didn’t love them too. So this has never made any sense to me. Fortunately, now it’s mutual, and all is lost! Woe is I! :wink:

In 1975 I drove a real pretty girl to the dime store in my Vega. We worked at another store and we were sent there to help out. I had my 8 track going and it was playing “If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with”. She was smoking a cigarette and when we got there, she put the cigarette out on my carpet.
But she was really cute.

And? :taz:

That’s it. I never saw her again. I didn’t get angry about the cigarette until a few weeks later when I thought about it.
But she was cute.

I only ever have relationships with women who are in love with me.

Which is why I’m still single. :s

If you love someone long enough and hard enough, eventually they MUST fall in love with you as well. Right? Right? I’ve been stalking the girl I love since 1995. Eventually she’s going to come around to her senses and realize I’m the one for her, because my love is so strong. She’ll abandon her husband and kids to be with me. Don’t tell me my romantic strategy is all wrong. I’ve been loving you too long to stop now.

I remember talking with a Taiwanese woman about a realtionship she started with someone she knew back in her college days. Apparantly he had a ginormous crush on her back then and had been holding a torch for her ever since. He handwrote a love letter to her stating his feelings and intentions and they started dating and last I heard are still together. I asked her how she felt about him. She told me he was a very loving, kind man that she appreciated for his feelings towards her. I asked her if she loved him and she said, carefully, that she loved him for how he loved her, that it wasn’t about being in love but about the fact that he had this amazing love for her that made her feel really cared for and special. I thought it was great that she had found someone she could love, didn’t seem like the worst reason in the world. And anyway, love is different for everyone.

So far, for myself, when I fall for someone, initially it has nothing to do with how much they are into me. It has to do with the chemistry… but later on if the person isn’t into the rel as much as I am or vv, then it’s not gonna work. I couldn’t do as my friend did, but hey, we all different, no right or wrong. :slight_smile:

I guess one could argue that it’s safer to be with one who is into you more. But haven’t we all been on both sides of the fence? And isn’t that just life and learning how to let go and love?

Richardm . . . . you are a classic! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

HG

I used love someone, but then I lost him to forumosa.com

funnygirl
I think there is more of that kind of mentality in Asia. In America you can forget about it, at least as far as my personal experience goes. Girls brought up in western culture is more like to want to have that spontaneous feeling (again, just my personal experience).

P.S. Love has to be from both side, if one side love the other side a lot more, sometimes it becomes a burden for the other side, then things won’t end up good. I guess I am back to the question, “is it better to be loved or to be in love”. I always hope it happens from both sides, but well, guess sometimes it’s not the case. Would girl really accept a guy who is just geniuely care for them, but maybe a lack in the romantic feeling part? I don’t know, maybe it works for the older crowd, but certainly not true when you’re in the age where girls just want to have fun (most of the time anyway).

and just to be fair that applies the other way as well, quite a lot guys just want to go out there try things out when they’re young.

Better than Stephen Stills:

Written by Peter Green.

Shall I tell you about my life
They say I’m a man of the world
I’ve flown across every tide
And I’ve seen lots of pretty girls

I guess I’ve got everything I need
I would’t ask for more
And there’s no one I’d rather be
But I just wish that I’d never been born

break:

And I need a good woman
to make me feel like a good man should
I don’t say I’m a good man
Oh, but I would be if I could

I could tell you about my life
And keep you amused I’m sure
About all the times I’ve cried
And how I don’t want to be sad anymore
And how I wish I was in love

It’s better to be with someone that loves you.

AND

Have that person be with someone that loves them too. (Preferably only 2 people are involved here. It could work if there were 2 women though… ah, but I digress).

What a statement! :slight_smile: It’s about time someone said something like this. I identify fully with what you said here. :wink:

What a statement! :slight_smile: It’s about time someone said something like this. I identify fully with what you said here. :wink:[/quote]

Well, it’ll either get him the girl or a restraining order! :wink: