The Oscars

It’s never perfect.

I haven’t seen Green Book (it looks awful btw) but it was shocking that Roma didn’t win. It was the frontrunner for the longest time.

But it was even more shocking that Glenn Close lost again. Olivia Colman is the best best actress winner since Holly Hunter but I still feel sorry for Glenn.

The Piano? Are you taking the piss? Complete toss.

Yeah, it’s never perfect. By rights Glenn Close should have beaten Olivia Colman, and vice versa.

2 Likes

Harvey Keitel naked is OK for those who like them short.

I lost respect for the Oscars when Mickey Rourke didn’t win best actor for “The Wrestler”.

1 Like

Didn’t Roma win best foreign film? Can foreign films win Best Picture?

Not best actor, but Goodfellas whacked the Oscars for me.

Selma Blair coming in stunting with that cane and announcing her MS diagnosis was pretty breathtaking. Definitely a standout moment.

MS is horrendous.

1 Like

It certainly is. But she still managed to make it out, and she looked amazing.

1 Like

Of course. It was nominated and was predicted to win.

Just thinking out loud here, when was the last time a foreign film made best picture ?

Well, that has never happened (unless you count British as foreign then that has happened pretty frequenly) but ppl were predicting Roma to be the trailblazer.

The closest scenario before Roma was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in 2001 and it won Taiwan a foreign language film prize.

2011, The Artist, French.

I didn’t want to resort to google but good to hear it can. I’m thinking Hollywood supports Hollywood . The oscars is a Hollywood award ceremony.

Where foreign films winning best foreign film is about as good as it gets. That’s why there is even the category …Best foreign…

This is a silent film.

fify.

You’re welcome.

I’ve never heard of it.