The Oscars

Nothing. That was a comment on her former beauty queen status.

She’s 56. She’s aged very well, not that it matters.

2 Likes

She’s often given beautiful/sexy roles, and she’s neither (she was a Bond girl, for god’s sake). I didn’t mind her as the matriarch in Crazy Rich Asians…a role she’s much better suited for.

To you maybe. I find a lot of celebrities generic-looking af and that doesn’t keep groupies from creaming their pants over them.

She was awesome there.

A matriarch role suits an actress of her age. A Bond girl role suited her, what, 20 odd years ago?

When she was 36?!

You tell me. Did Fleming make Bond famous for shacking up with women over 30? Maybe Pussy Galore, but even she was (I think) pushing it as Fleming wrote that she was in her 30s. Honor Blackman did not look a day over 35 (at most) in Goldfinger. And I think Bond strung Moneypenny along in ways that today’s moviegoer would probably frown on.

1 Like

Nope.

“He felt like a negro whose spirit had just been stolen by a witch doctor.”

Classic Flemingism. Guess the context. What was Bond doing? I’ll buy a pint for anyone who knows it.

Why not?

Not beautiful, not sexy. Here’s what a Bond girl should look like:

That’s just personal taste. Caroline Cossey never did it for me.

Not great, but still a little better.

Am I wrong to feel mildly aroused?

1 Like

It’s fine, just remember to clean your keyboard. :sunglasses:

1 Like

In this day and age there ought to be a Bond boy.

I could see Bond being bi.

That is so 1981.

Bond should be gender non-binary and polyamorous.

Are you kidding? In this age Bond should be nothing less than a transgender lesbian with a completely new arsenal of cocktail lines.

“You only live twice:
Once when you are born
And once after surgery when you wake up to find yourself standing and pissing all over the toilet at 3am”
-Ian Fleming ca2019

1 Like

Poor old Fleming will be drunkenly spinning in his grave.

Nobody has responded to my earlier Flemingism, so here’s an easier one. What was special about Bond’s omelletes?

EDIT: I got that wrong, it’s scrambled eggs. I really should check before posting. Bond’s not going to chow down on some effete omelette, is he.

Yes …puzzled me but I put it down to your age :innocent:

1 Like