The Oscars

Anybody know on which channel and at what time the Oscars will be aired here? GO ANG LEE!!!

Hello,

I know that the oscars will be on here on star world or star movies. I’m pretty sure it’s star movies. Unfortunately, they will be aired on the 8th of March and as you know they will actually be on on the 5th. So, try and stay away from the news for a few days. I am hopping that one of these pubs will be showing them just like they did for the super bowl. I think thats what they did last year. If anyone knows if it will be playing anywhere please let us oscar lovers know. Thank you.

[quote=“andreas0831”]Hello,

I know that the oscars will be on here on star world or star movies. I’m pretty sure it’s star movies. Unfortunately, they will be aired on the 8th of March and as you know they will actually be on on the 5th. So, try and stay away from the news for a few days. I am hopping that one of these pubs will be showing them just like they did for the super bowl. I think thats what they did last year. If anyone knows if it will be playing anywhere please let us oscar lovers know. Thank you.[/quote]

The Oscars are on Star world, with a live broadcast here in the morning and a rebroad cast in the evening.

Are you sure? I haven’t seen that add on star world and I am a faithful watcher of that station. Every add I have seen says that they will be on on March 8th on star movies.

With all respect for the Ang Lee hype in Taiwan, I am almost sure the movie Crash will win the Oscar for best movie. And it absolutely is the best movie in years…! The movie is about racism in LA, on all levels, in everybody’s day to day activities.

I just checked the schedule and it is not on star world. It will be on on March 8th, 3 days after the actual show. Anyonw know if it will playing anywhere?

I just checked the StarMovies schedule here. It has the following listings for tomorrow, March 6th (not the 8th):

Time Program title Dura.

08:30:00 THE 78TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS duration 04:00:00

21:00:00 THE 78TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS duration 04:05:00

That’s Star Movies, not Star World.
The Star World (StarTV) listing here doesn’t list anything for the Oscars unless O.C. means Oscar ceremonies, which I doubt because that program also shows today at 1pm and lasts only 1 hour.

I’m pretty sure The Oscars are on Star at 8pm, monday night.

The Oscars are on live now, as per my post, two above. The rebroadcast will start at 9pm tonight, Monday night. Star MOVIES, which is channel 69 on my local cable provider (yours may be a different number). Enjoy!

I’m watching the Oscars now. Jon Stewart is doing a really good job, considering the constraints he’s under. Even if they rebroadcast it with Chinese subtitles, though, 80% of it is going to go over everybody’s head e.g. the Lily Tomlin/Meryl Streep tribute to Robert Altman.

!!!SPOILER!!!

Ang Lee won best director

Crash won best picture

Philip Seymor Hoffman won best Male Actor

Reese Witherspoon won Best Female Actor

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]!!!SPOILER!!!

Ang Lee won best director

Crash won best picture

Philip Seymor Hoffman won best Male Actor

Reese Witherspoon won Best Female Actor[/quote]

Who had “Best BOObs?”

Once Heath Ledger didn’t win Best Actor, I thought the odds for Brokeback winning Best Picture went down quite a bit. But Crash? WTF? I would have much preferred Brokeback for Best Picture and Spielberg for best director (since from technical viewpoint, Munich was spectacular.)

But mad props to Philip Seymour Hoffman, one of the best and certainly the most interesting actor out there today.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]!!!SPOILER!!!
[/quote]

I thought this was the “where can I find…” thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why don’t we start an Oscars discussion in the A&E section?
:wink:

Who else? :loco: