The Overdue Critical Race Theory Thread

Each of these entirely predictable consequences of schools in which misbehavior has no real consequences was denied in deference to an ideological commitment to produce racial equity in suspension rates. As in the case of many such short-sighted, virtue-signaling polices, it is socio-economically disadvantaged children of color — the vast majority of whom are victims, not perpetrators, of school-based violence and misbehavior — who suffer the consequences of this blind ideological adherence to obvious illogic.

This review is probably a more interesting read than the book. One part of the analysis that particularly stands out to me is:

1 Like

This is not ok

For the same reason that this is not ok

2 Likes

It’s good they were suspended.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe i didn’t phrase the post well

No, I got what you meant. Just saying

1 Like
3 Likes

There was a time when universities believed their job was to teach students to think, now many professors are loud and dangerous unthinking activists churning out the same

Reasonable people keep their mouths shut to avoid the blowback, or just move to Taiwan to teach here :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Professors have been condoning this as classroom rhetoric for years, it was never a good idea. Now that more employers don’t want these graduates and more governments see this as an excuse to cut funding, perhaps there will be a calming period?
https://thehill.com/opinion/education/4279381-activism-over-academics-the-decline-of-us-higher-education/

2 Likes

How’s this coming, by the way?

First draft is finished.

Again

3 Likes

The only difference is the level of punishment.

… so far…

2 Likes

I say this to westerners a lot. They don’t seem to understand how their ideas work. Was just talking to someone saying we should have to have some form of ID registered to have a social media account for example.

Surely people with progressive values, of whom we have a couple of posters here, can surely take on board a guy saying it’s as bad as China?

I’m a westerner, and as you can see I’ve been saying it for years!

Another bit from that post which has aged well
https://archive.ph/AcEo6

I think Nikki Haley said she wanted to do that.