The Pan-Greens overwhelmingly won the election!

Had only Taiwanese people (as opposed to Chinese nationals) been allowed to vote, they would have won 150 - 175 seats. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:loco:

jj… ac dropout is one of those posters that makes claims without backing them up with data or a source. but when the tables are turned and people do the same he/she turns into even more of an azz.

my suggestion - provdie some data to back up this claim so you can shut him/her up.

Good on the Greens. Let’s hope they can get some things done for the people this next term. :notworthy:

Well, we were all a bit too confident but yes would it be an affair of the Taiwanese and the non Chinese foreigners, the butcher sun would have disappeared from the flag. Anyway next target to get the jogging clown out of the city hall!

jj_frap = Worst. Troll. Ever.

I know. His post is as nonsensical as an ac_dropout post.

Its really got me confused. Chinese nationals don’t vote (anywhere, let alone in Taiwan). It’s like saying “if it hadn’t been for the help of the Russian army, the US would have lost the war in Iraq” or something.

Brian

This is probably a small setback to the green agenda. In the early 90’s the DPP also, after a period of gains, badly lost the LY elections to the KMT… only to come back stronger and with greater public concensus.

When will the Taidu supporters on Taiwan learn?

USA said “No,” PRC said “No,” and the people of Taiwan said “No” to the Taidu agenda.

This is democracy at work here. I mean you can only beat a dead horse so long.

Even CSB left the DPP party to distance himself from the Taidu factions.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]When will the Taidu supporters on Taiwan learn?

USA said “No,” PRC said “No,” and the people of Taiwan said “No” to the Taidu agenda.

Even CSB left the DPP party to distance himself from the Taidu factions.[/quote]

Mainlander fascists who set up a dictatorship in Taiwan are not among the Taiwanese people. Had they not been allowed to vote, there’s no way the Pan-Blues would have stood a chance in Hell at winning this election.

That’s what happens when foreigners with a malicious agenda control your political process and can vote in your election. Witness the influence of Russians loyal to Moscow on Ukraine’s elections, for instance.

People who immigrate to a country and live within their culture in the context of a muliticultural, secular, and liberal society are cool and can make a country a richer place. Invaders who come into a country solely to set-up a dictatorship and subvert the will of the people already living there are not cool.

And it’s obvious that the will of those who were on Taiwan prior to the end of a certain foreign Civil War voted Pan Green by a fair margin.

15% of Taiwan is Mainlander…And it’s safe to assume that 95%+ of Mainlanders vote Pan-Blue. What happens if they’re not considered citizens of Taiwan and can’t vote?

Brilliant! :bravo:

[quote=“jj_frap”]

15% of Taiwan is Mainlander…And it’s safe to assume that 95%+ of Mainlanders vote Pan-Blue. What happens if they’re not considered citizens of Taiwan and can’t vote?[/quote]

If it is only “mainlanders” that vote pan-blue, and what you state above is a fact, then the pan-blue’s should only receive 14,25% of the votes - hardly enough for a majority.

You forgot to include the millions that have been braiwashed for about 50 years from 1945-49.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]When will the Taidu supporters on Taiwan learn?

Even CSB left the DPP party to distance himself from the Taidu factions.[/quote]
Yes, the people of Taiwan said “No” to the Taidu agenda by giving the DPP slightly more seats than last time, by giving the DPP more seats than the KMT, and by giving the two sides a relatively pitiful margin between them. Overwhelming voicing of opposition there.

[quote=“X3M”][quote=“jj_frap”]

15% of Taiwan is Mainlander…And it’s safe to assume that 95%+ of Mainlanders vote Pan-Blue. What happens if they’re not considered citizens of Taiwan and can’t vote?[/quote]

If it is only “mainlanders” that vote pan-blue, and what you state above is a fact, then the pan-blue’s should only receive 14,25% of the votes - hardly enough for a majority.

You forgot to include the millions that have been braiwashed for about 50 years from 1945-49.[/quote]

If those 14.25% were to be deported to China, where they obviously would rather live judging by their attitude towards all things Taiwanese, the Pan-Greend would win lopsided majority governments every election.

14.25 percent = at least 50 percent

ethnic cleansing = good thing

Got it.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]14.25 percent = at least 50 percent

ethnic cleansing = good thing

Got it.[/quote]

I suspect it’s not so much ethnic cleansing as “everyone who doesn’t agree with jj_frapp has to go.”

Maybe the US can learn from this theory; if, say, Democrats weren’t allowed to vote, how could they win elections? And, since some radical Republicans think of Democrats as traitors, it’s perfectly justified!

Blatant, yet effective!

[oops, I see I’ve caused this thread to spill over to a second page. Sorry!]

Could you please show us your calculations. Not that I agree with you, just curious…

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“ac_dropout”]When will the Taidu supporters on Taiwan learn?

Yes, the people of Taiwan said “No” to the Taidu agenda by giving the DPP slightly more seats than last time, by giving the DPP more seats than the KMT, and by giving the two sides a relatively pitiful margin between them. Overwhelming voicing of opposition there.[/quote]
Yes people are so turned off to the Taidu agenda that they are giving votes to independents.

Once again the appeal of DPP has very little to with international agenda of “Taidu” and more to do with the BSR representation issue which was the Taidu agenda at the forefront a decade ago.

So people vote DPP because they hate the image of the KMT, and they want the more “authentic Taiwanese” as representation.

However, when asked to move away from status quo unilaterally, that just turns them off and causes them to avoid the poll altogether. Which should be encouraged I might add, I mean moving away from status quo, of course. Although pan-Green supporters avoiding the polls, is not a bad thing either, it would be a symbolic protest against pan-Blue agenda.

Wrong. You’re not listening. There is slightly less support for Taidu than against. This is not people being “so turned off.” What it shows is that the two sides are roughly even, with anti-Taidu having a slight edge. Open your eyes and look at reality bro.

Wrong. The voters have not been asked to decide that. A legislative majority for Pan Green will no doubt make China fidgety, but does not necessarily lead to unilateral actions. You’re making a leap here with some unproven assumptions.

Again, how do you know they’re not “so turned off” by the childish ranting of the Lien-Soong symbiote that they’re voting for independents? Anyway, I thought you said they were “so turned off to the Taidu agenda” that they didn’t vote at all?

So people voted against Taidu and yet Taidu has no influence on the voters?

Didn’t you just say it caused them to vote for independents?