The passion of diving

[b]My thoughts on diving part one
I have dove over a 1000 dives with the majority of them in Kenting. I can’t remember not enjoying any of my dives whether teaching it or just for fun. I have seen big things and small things. been on deep dives and shallow dives. The reason I have enjoyed them is because I am always fascinated by what I see and how much I enjoy the feeling of just being in the water. I don’t need to see a hammer head shark or a whale shark I am jus as happy seeing whatever I see under the water since there are thousands of things to see under the surface…
During my Instructor Training I heard and saw to many Instructors that had lost their passion for diving, they would only go for the money or the big fish, this to me is a terrible thing. if the water is too cold for you then wear a thicker wet suit, If the boat dive is too rough then do a shore dive, no time during the day then do a night dive. If there is not to much action then take out your onion bag and collect some garbage. Try not to compare one dive from another there is always something to be amazed about. If you are only excited by the big things then bring a magnifying glass with you (I do)

:bravo:

[quote=“U-Dive Scuba Taiwan”][b] I can’t remember not enjoying any of my dives whether teaching it or just for fun. I have seen big things and small things. been on deep dives and shallow dives. The reason I have enjoyed them is because I am always fascinated by what I see and how much I enjoy the feeling of just being in the water. I don’t need to see a hammer head shark or a whale shark I am jus as happy seeing whatever I see under the water since there are thousands of things to see under the surface…
[/quote]

Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one who feels that way… :wink:

Might I suggest you check out this thread:

[The SCUBA Thread

It might just re-instill your faith in your fellow diving community. :sunglasses:

Want to get some more dives in. Most of my dives in Taiwan have been up north, Keelung. A few off Green Island.

Do you have a shop in Kenting? How’s the water now?

Let me know if you are planning any trips to Green or Orchid Island. Count my boyfrind and I in. We’ve been diving in Taiwan for six years now and love the southern islands both above and below the surface!

Do you have a shop? Where? And what courses do you offer?

[quote=“Vegannabis”]Let me know if you are planning any trips to Green or Orchid Island. Count my boyfrind and I in. We’ve been diving in Taiwan for six years now and love the southern islands both above and below the surface!

Do you have a shop? Where? And what courses do you offer?[/quote]

I know a group of fine folk going to Orchid Island in early April. I can’t do it as my knee tendons are still mucked up. PM me if you want more info.

jds

What are we talking about here anyway? Oh yeah, I remember…

AAAAAAHHHHH… :sunglasses: :smiley:

I was told last night that the diving season up North is about a month away. :smiley: