The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Send in this clown when looking for those gun toting gangsters in Moss Side:
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 10.17.03

That outfit is secretly RPG resistant and filled with Joker gas.

1 Like

Was he wrong?

Do I want to stop it? he he. That’s not the point. Shouldn’t I know about it first and then decide if I want to stop it or not?

I think he just assumes you’re coming in with at least half a brain.

Prager U disagrees with CRT. Why would they put out a video promoting it? They spent 90% of the video explaining it as they see it, and then spent the last few seconds saying that if you disagree with it, don’t accept it. I’m not sure what is objectionable here.

I am. If you’re going to present information titled “What is X” just give the facts about what it is. It’s incredibly presumptuous and a clear sign of bad faith (something Prager is very adept at) to essentially assume I’m going to adopt his point of view to the extent that I’m going to want his advice about what I should do to stop it. If you think it should be stopped, make a separate presentation to that effect. Surprised I need to explain this really.

Just as I am surprised that I have to explain how stupid the objection to it is. They don’t believe in CRT, explain what it is, and spend about half a minute saying that if you agree with them, don’t accept the racism of CRT. It is completely unobjectionable.

2 Likes

Now you’re calling me stupid. Go talk to somebody else.

This is funny and sad. You say that you are “Surprised that I need to explain this” with respect to your argument that having two ideas in one video is obviously a mistake which causes you to mock the presenter. The clear insinuation is that the point is clear and that disagreeing with it is absurd. I explain that the argument is stupid, which it obviously is, and you deliberately misrepresent what I say and escalate the disagreement. If you’re unwilling to engage in honest discussion, please stop responding to me.

Honestly tg, I think you’re overreacting somewhat here. “What can you do to stop it?” could be alternatively phrased as “If you are as shocked as we are by CRT, what might you do to stop it?”. But that’s clumsy and Aspergerish, and I think the intent of the original sentence is pretty clear.

It’s also pretty clear why the two things are lumped together. Truncating the “What is CRT?’” presentation would naturally lead some people to think ‘Where do I go from here?’, and it’s a very common presentation structure in any case (“Here is a problem”, “Here is what you might do to fix it”). Conversely, “What can we do about CRT?” doesn’t stand alone because most people would raise their hand straight off and say “But wait, how are we defining ‘CRT’ for the purposes of the discussion?”.

1 Like

I don’t think so! I said “Good old Prager lol. How did they decide I want to stop it?” which seems like a reasonable question. Then I get the third degree about it from a person who is never willing to have any kind of productive conversation about anything, as he has proved time and time again. That’s all there was.

1 Like

This is a direct personal attack.

1 Like

His soliloquy is not without it’s shortcomings.

1 Like

I don’t think so, people are allowed to agree to disagree. I don’t think Tempo intended to get drawn into a larger debate rather than to point out it was presumptuous of Prager U to assume his intentions on what to do about anything. Something he feels is an annoying tendency of Prager U, that’s just his opinion and entitled to it.

1 Like

Ya’ll need to grow your balls back. :point_up_2:

As far as fake universities go, Prager is pretty awful

2 Likes

Did you make it through the barrage scathed or unscathed? :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yes.