The peak woke thread (Part 1)

needs pineapple

Clearly you have a subconscious desire to live on a sub-tropical island

1 Like

psychologically speaking, i also like asian women, which i think also makes me a white supremacist … and does it also make me a rice eater :thinking:

They didn’t get into rice, that would be really cutting-edge

1 Like

The bizarre logic about generalizing:

Interviewer: It does seem like you generalize a lot about white people but also people of color. Why do you do that?

Her: What do you feel is a generalization?

Interviewer: Like white people having a high level of guilt for not eating bread. That’s true for some people, for sure. But I eat bread.

Her: You asked me before, what is the unconscious? I think the unconscious is coming out right now between you and I. This idea that I’m the one that’s generalizing is, I think, a defensive reaction to my talking about whiteness. You feel put on the spot and so I’m the one that’s generalizing.

Interviewer: So you don’t think that you are generalizing?

Her: This idea that I’m the one generalizing is actually defensive. Do I really believe on some level that every single white person is racist? No. Clearly. I have one percent left of that friend group. [In the lecture, Dr. Khilanani explains she has cut most of her white friends out of her life.] So no, I don’t. At the same time, I’m saying how it functions psychologically when someone says “You can’t say that,” and “Not all of us,” what you’re saying subconsciously is “I’m the exception to what you just said and you made me feel like I’m a racist and I don’t experience myself that way. I do not want to experience myself as a racist and I’m going to turn the tables on you and say you’re the racist because you’re generalizing and that’s what a racist does."

Of course were she a white supremacist talking about people of color she wouldn’t have been offered a platform. This, for me, is why deplatforming is so dangerous and counterproductive. We need these extremist loons to have a voice so that everyone can hear how ludicrous they are.

1 Like

Somebody could do a whole thesis on the expression, “like white on rice.”

1 Like
1 Like

5 Likes

We’ve been focusing on the left’s -in my opinion unacceptable- racial dialogue lately and the backlash -mostly legal, and conservative- in the US education system. Here’s a reminder that the woke left’s ideology isn’t limited there:

This also speaks to the wider issue:

3 Likes

Watch yourselves:

3 Likes

The bit about avoiding eye contact is going to target academics on the spectrum - of which there are a lot. But as this is predominantly about bullying people that won’t be considered by woke progressives.

1 Like

If microaggressions are a non-existent problem cooked up by conservatives in the US, then why are students in the UK advocating for forums to use for snitching on their professors? Something doesn’t quite add up here… :thinking:

1 Like

The ‘Report and Support’ sites are set up by the universities. Everybody is being encouraged to snitch on everybody else, anonymously. What could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

Hey, if it was good enough for Soviet Russia, it is good enough for the woke left.

1 Like

https://www.kabc.com/news/mcallen-texas-85-percent-hispanic-elects-republican-mayor/

McAllen, Texas – 85 Percent Hispanic – Elects Republican Mayor

Along with the news Saturday that Republicans had won mayoralties in Fort Worth (population: 1 million) and Arlington (population 400,000), there was a less-reported result from Texas but one with major significance — that a Republican had captured City Hall in McAllen (population: 140,000), which is roughly 85 percent Hispanic.

The contest is particularly significant. McAllen is a border city and voting came a week after a much-publicized incident in which U.S. Border Patrol agents saved several migrants from drowning in the Rio Grande as they were attempting to make it to the nearby town of Roma.

More than a few Republicans suggest that continued controversy with the Biden Administration over its border policies will help Texas become even more of a “red” state than it has been.

Someone should tell them Latinixes that they are supporting white supremacy. :whistle:

I imagine they got tired of the woke left telling them they should be using Latinx

There’s also something about pulling up ladders once one is themselves over the wall…

Fortunately we don’t even have to waste brain power thinking about the causes of these complex issues, which everyone knows is … you got it … white supremacy

Did anyone not get it?

I remember in the 90s when Taiwanese began walking around in sweats and jammies.

Then you really need to try the best of New Haven style pizza.

https://www.pepespizzeria.com/frank-pepes-white-clam-pizza-1-in-america/

I don’t like white pie, but love Pepe’s…just went last Thursday with the kids after they begged every day since we returned.

1 Like

One day I need to stop over there. I always meant to take the ferry from Port Jeff but never got around to it.

Yale is so ‘woke’ that having professors give lectures about shooting white people is now acceptable. Imagine the outrage if this lecture was about shooting black people (and don’t let the headline fool you… Yale only pulled the lecture once audio was leaked and it started getting national attention)

1 Like