The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Another for the Went woke, went broke list

I’m sure Stewart is set for life…unless he put up his own money for the new show.

Why would he do that? He’s a cash cow.

Yeah, I doubt it. He may be dumb, but he’s not stupid.

He stills feels he’s relevant, so— maybe.

It’s not really referring to literally going broke. It just means going woke and then completely and utterly failing and losing money.

People use it for Gillette, they didn’t literally go broke, they just failed spectacularly.

A few months old, but made me laugh.

1 Like

Must make sure they get their priorities right.

Miller has a history of violence against women. Physical violence, that is, not misgendering.

The Gray Lady is now the Gray Nonbinary…

1 Like

Don’t give them ideas

I doubt they read Forumosa. Way too lowbrow… :sweat_smile:

I doubt it costs an arm and a leg to produce.

Is this publication colorblind?

I’d say just garden-variety blind.

1 Like

I hope the political correctness bs doesn’t infiltrate Taiwan, which seems to me has maintained its common sense for the most part.

Good for them :laughing:

3 Likes

Don’t know if discussed elsewhere, but kind of big news in FL and Amerika.
Gone to governor’s desk for signature.

2 Likes

Breaking Points talked a bit about this today. They pointed out that Stewart’s numbers on YouTube and Spotify are really strong, and it might just be that AppleTV+ isn’t a great platform.

FWIW I’ve only watched fragments of the show on YouTube, and I’m not impressed. The panels in particular don’t seem to be succeeding at their stated goal of really digging into anything.

2 Likes

Best book review ever.

Lavery is an associate professor of English at Berkeley in California. (Jesus Christ.) This book is about his gender transition. It is one of the most misogynistic books I have ever read. The way it talks about women and their bodies is repellent. Lavery tells his doctor he wants ‘titty skittles’ – that is, progesterone supplements to ‘enlarge one’s breasts’. Hot tip for Mr Lavery: women don’t refer to their breasts as titties. He talks about the ‘leaky boobs’ of those ‘sour’ feminists and Mumsnet users who are critical of the ideology of transgenderism. Yeh, why can’t you old hags have pert titties like Mr Lavery apparently does? He writes of his ‘phantom pussy’, which is probably just the ‘inguinal canals into which my testicles retreat when frigid’ but to him it nonetheless feels like a ‘subcutaneous cluster of nerve endings and open space, roughly oval’, like a vagina. Oh sure, exactly like a vagina. When did it become acceptable to write about women’s bodies in such a deluded, degraded fashion?

3 Likes

A good read:

2 Likes