The peak woke thread (Part 1)

This is on ABC news, like a big news outlet in the US. Who. Fucking. Cares?

Unless woke trolls are getting paid to complain, I simply don’t see their purposefulness.

The virtue signalling gives a sense of purpose, not to mention self righteous superiority

Money is better.

I imagine a lot of them aren’t hurting financially. People with real problems know what real problems look like

What does complaining about wokeism do? Do people get paid for that or feel a sense of purpose? I see that more often than I see actual woke people. Politicians are making entire careers out of it without having to address local issues.

Post PhD, where it wasnt allowed, i found it very therapeutic. I still come here for the entertainment

It depends on your environment. I dealt with it almost daily for years, now i mostly get both perspectives from one place. Forumosa

I think the argument could be made that there are real issues here. Pretending otherwise merely gives those politicians a platform

1 Like

Unfortunately in politics all nuance is lost. You could say there is an issue but what is the scale, how pervasive? Who’s causing it? That really matters.

What does a teacher with prosthetic breasts in Canada have to do with American politics? I’d argue fuck all. The real story is how people are using this as a narrative to paint millions of people as extremists when it doesn’t represent their values at all. It’s a distraction from issues that matter.

So what you’re saying is, trans issues don’t matter and politicians shouldn’t waste their time

Right that’s exactly what I said. Good job.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/sussex-police-apologises-row-over-195833652.html

The police in the UK do act like bullies sometimes. You might be committing an offence. We take hate crimes seriously bla bla bla. Oh shit they know the law. We regret the way this situation was handled.

I don’t know whether you read Private Eye, but it’s very Neasden.

Misgendering takes precedence over child molestation.

1 Like

Google is listening because this just came up on my timeline. Going off on a tangent but it is related…….slightly

I found the people who became coppers were 50:50. Either the most straight up guy at school, or the school bully.

1 Like

Live and let live, whatever, but isn’t three a crowd? Do these three-way relationships ever work out? Always seems like one person is eventually left out in the cold. Mostly putting it here for the amazing identity politics at work; Muslim, queer, nonbinary, nonmonogamous… and do you want fries with that?

“they and she pronouns”. How does that work?

Not sure. It does feel like the more labels someone has, the less of a personality they have. Almost like they’re compensating for something…

People have a 50/50 chance of using the wrong pronoun, even though it’s her preferred pronoun. Does she/they decide which pronoun she prefers when she wakes up each day? Then everyone else has to guess which one it is?

1 Like

Or, 100% chance of using the wrong one depending on the subjectivity of the individual at the time. Fluidity.

Good on those 3, hope they have a nice life together

Me, I’m happy to be in Taiwan where dealing with this aspect of Western culture is no longer part of my daily existence :grinning: I don’t care about your personal life, why is it necessary to make it everyone’s business?

4 Likes

All these things sound like a bad joke to me. I REALLY thought they would never cross the USA borders, that these ideas and social movements could only thrive in their rampant stupid petri dish their society is. But nope, like many other things, it leaked out.

Last year a video went viral. Some class mates of a school in Argentina were having an online session and one of them referred to the other as “compañerA” (something like female for fellow student). She (or he, whatever) had an uncontrollable emotional outburst over being “misgendered”, which is already totally ridiculous and only tells you about the insanity of these claims and how they only root among the weakest minds out there. The guy, BTW, had apologised a number of times but that wasn’t enough to calm the deranged bitch.

But the story didn’t end up there. She (or he, or it, or whatever) posted another video weeks later explaining that some days she identified as HE while others as SHE, and others as THEY, depending on who knows what.

Sometimes reality seems to be inspired in jokes. Wokism is a fucking parody, can’t be said enough.

2 Likes

As an EFL teacher, what pisses me the most off about they/them is it’s grammatically incorrect. I just can’t refer to a single person as they/them with a straight face.