The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Why?

Because she has massively unfair physical advantages thanks to a testosterone-laden puberty. Not the first time I’ve said so.

2 Likes

Yeah, because people expect to see exposed penises in the men’s changeroom, that’s what it is for. If a person with a penis wants to expose their penis when changing, that is the space which is allocated for that purpose.

Really, they should put a picture of a penis on the door. Problem solved.

Also, who is the victim in the locker room incident? The woman who had been clear she was not OK with penises in the sport, or the dick whose penis was on display?

Yeah, context matters. A post op transexual would make this far less clear cut for me

Would probably be faster in the water, too

*necessarily

I know, and I appreciate your response. I just believe that simple fact alone is enough reason to think she shouldn’t have ever been allowed to complete against women.

Wanna be one. Fine. Wanna date one. Fine. Wanna swim against them? No. Wanna change in their change room and swim against them? No.

Stop making women behave as woke as you need them to be to get away with your absurd delusions. Now, college sports is stupid imo anyway, but this whole thing makes it more stupider.

1 Like

I agree, and I get that people don’t like her – I don’t like her either. I just don’t think every trans woman who gets changed in a women’s changing room (at the pool, at the gym, wherever) needs to be painted with the kind of language the article used. There’s nothing in this particular story that couldn’t be applied to them all.

Those who are genuinely concerned about the safety of women rather than the villification of trans people – and honestly I don’t really think Riley is one of them – could more usefully spend their time campaigning for gender-neutral changing rooms to actually get built, or something. I get that the trans activist crowd wouldn’t be happy about that, but compromises are compromises.

1 Like

Gotta give the family credit for standing behind their beliefs. I don’t think I’d find that much generosity if it were my relative who died. I wonder if the fact that the killing was accidental makes a difference to them.

I think their beliefs are harmful, so I would much rather this experience changed them.

For me, the term generosity would not be involved!

This question came up before in a similar case. It’s 0% accidental in my book.

My first thought was, good thing Mithrandir isnt here to see this. Was that on the objectivity-and-bias-in-media thread?

Is it their beliefs, or hers? If they love her, maybe they want to do what she would have wanted?

1 Like

I remember a case in DC where a guy was dragged down the street in a carjacking.

I don’t see how it reflects love for anyone, but they might have different motivations. In any event I give them no credit for it as it is likely to lead to a continuation of such incidents to other innocent people from violent sociopathic criminals.

I mean, it’s accidental in the sense that they didn’t intend to kill her. I’m not suggesting it makes them less liable.

I don’t know whether restorative justice is harmful in a general sense – I don’t have the background or the data. My guess would be “maybe sometimes”.

But I do think it shows some depth of character to act on a belief even when it goes directly against your own instinct for vengeance.

By honoring the way she lived

Yeah, I hope the law prosecutes them to the fullest

1 Like

I liked it better when i shared it, and you liked it too

Ha, thought it was more recent. My feed playing tricks on me…

1 Like

If law enforcement finds the suspects, they will push for “all available alternatives to traditional prosecution.”

Surely they should be calling for law enforcement to not seek the suspects, as it will endanger the lives of black folks.

No, we should seek them to celebrate their uniqueness and assist them in what must be a horrible time for them.

Must be difficult to get a good price for a stolen car when you’re wanted fir the murder ofbthe owner

If she was as how she has been described, why did she run after the thieves?

Shouldn’t she have understood that they needed the money more than her and let them have it?

1 Like