The peak woke thread (Part 1)

He scored an Oscar for it, didn’t he?

Good lord…not that an Oscar means much these days.

1 Like

The New York Times officially endorses racism…in California.

1 Like

Unbelievable. Officially a racist rag, whoda thunk it.

1 Like
1 Like

P.D.Q. Bach approves.

You just reminded me to post a link to this, which pops up on my kindle powerdown screen:

Raising Them: Our Adventure in Gender Creative Parenting
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raising-Them-Adventure-Creative-Parenting-ebook/dp/B07YDB9Q95/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Raising+Them%3A+Our+Adventure+in+Gender+Creative+Parenting+Kindle+Edition&qid=1604030979&sr=8-1

50 years ago I’m pretty sure these halfwits would have been charged with child abuse. In current year, they’re heroes.

What gets me riled up is this: the “adventure” of the title is clearly all about me me me. The blurb openly admits that these people are experimenting on their child; imagine running that past an ethics committee. The child’s welfare is simply not a consideration, as far as I can tell.

No surprise that the author is a sociologist, which IMHO is something like an astrologist with less scientific beliefs.

2 Likes

They should’ve titled it Raising Cain.

Holy shit California is fucked up.
All the bounties of that fault and those twats get it?

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

It’s only fitting that she’s a CNN “mental health expert.” That woman is totally mental.

Meh- English is both a language and a term for a nationality. They want to be clear about the difference.

Hilarious! Were there a whole bunch of undergrads who avoided studying English because they thought they were going to have to bone up on fish & chips, bad dental hygiene, and mumbling angrily about children’s sports?

6 Likes

I think it’s fair enough. One can understand people conflating the nationality and the language and concluding that Cornell University’s English Department is actually English (as in the nationality).

It would be an easy mistake to make. A new student might fly to Heathrow by mistake.

I’m calling for all American Literature courses in England to be changed to English Literature courses to avoid any similar confusion.

3 Likes

I joined an English Department course and do you know what? It wasn’t about England at all! It was about books written in English. I was mis-sold!

1 Like

Of course. In my schools we work full-time churning out children with proper British etiquette and mannerisms and fake British passports. Have I been doing something wrong?

3 Likes

Could it be that children likes animals?

2 Likes

I think that number may be closer to infinity for Chinese language children’s books.