The peak woke thread (Part 1)

3 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Anti Peak Woke Thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Anti Peak Woke Thread

5 minutes in and I note:

He defines exactly what he *meams by woke

Referring to Paulo Freire, and the Grievance Studies Affair, I wonder who was the first poster to bring those to the debate on the flob?

*means, but memes works too!

Looks like Freire came up first in 2010

And Grievance Studies in 2018

1 Like

I forgot about @Hardball! I think he’s still around somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah he is. I believe those posts were written after Hardball took his family to the US and spent a few days in AZ talking to the locals who said, yup, they were being overrun by illegal immigration and the stop and check ID law they passed was needed.

1 Like

The Rise of the Single Woke (and Young, Democratic) Female | RealClearInvestigations

There’s clearly far less stigma attached to being single and unpartnered. Single women today have many impressive role models of unattached, childless women who have succeeded on their own – like Taylor Swift and much of the U.S. women’s soccer team. This phenomenon is not confined to the United States. Marriage and birthrates have fallen in much of the world, including Europe and Japan. Writing in Britain’s Guardian newspaper, columnist Emma John observed that, “Singleness is no longer to be sneered at. Never marrying or taking a long-term partner is increasingly seen as a valid choice.”

Even if the 2 percent figure holds, the absolute number of detransitioners is likely to increase dramatically as more trans and nonbinary people elect medical and surgical treatments. Will the LGBTQ community support or shun these people? Can researchers design gender care that affirms trans people’s identities without viewing detransitioners as collateral damage in the fight for fair treatment? A transition can be beneficial to some people but “hellish” for others, as it was for Beck. These are not opposing political viewpoints. They simply reflect a wide range of real outcomes of medical interventions that can fundamentally transform a person’s body and their life.

3 Likes

If you go to the doctor to get gender change, how many options are there on the menu? 2

2 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic from peak woke

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off topic from peak woke

I have no idea if the account is a parody one or not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

As has been noted by many others, it’s impossible to know nowadays.

1 Like

“Living mathematx”

1 Like