The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Some talk about this above!

1 Like

Sorry, I only rarely visit this thread in the interest of preserving my sanity.

2 Likes

Not at all, thought you might like to take a look.

1 Like

So, bumper stickers are bad? What about American Flags hanging on garages?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/06/08/nyts_mara_gay_pickup_trucks_with_american_flags_send_disturbing_message_that_this_is_my_country.html

I was on Long Island this weekend, visiting a really dear friend and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with expletives against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and in some cases, just dozens of American flags, which is also just disturbing, which essentially the message was clear, this is my country. This is not your country. I own this.

Huh, and a few years back, cars with Trump stickers were getting keyed and smashed. lol

2 Likes

So entitled.

1 Like

They drive around with all that pride. What dicks!

Imagine someone supporting the wrong party of ALL TWO PARTIES AND NOT THE ONE I WANT YOU TO! The nerve! Much less an American flag, wtf?

4 Likes

Didn’t you know? The American flag is a racist hate symbol.

1 Like

It was just a matter of time.

1 Like

More of the highest standards of academic excellence from Yale

2 Likes
1 Like

a proposal by House Financial Services Committee Chair Congresswoman Maxine Waters to provide up to $25,000 in down payment assistance for low-income, “first-generation” homeowners who are “economically and socially [disadvantaged](https://financialservices.house.gov/uploadedfiles/bills-117pih-downpaymenttowardequityact.pdf).” It is one of numerous reforms unveiled this spring to “make our housing and financial systems fairer and more equitable,” as the 82-year-old Waters said at a Congressional hearing in March.

Buzzwords abound round Auntie Maxine’s bonnet. Sounds like “reparations” to me.

Waters’ idea is at once restrictive and an invitation to get in the ring and compete for spoils. Poor whites from Appalachia and the Rust Belt would seem not to benefit, nor would others who don’t fit neatly into the categories laid out in the draft. Irish, Italians or Jewish applicants, if they’re low income now, would seem to have a claim, pointing to past discrimination. There’s really no reason Americans who identify as LGBTQ+ or have a disability couldn’t also press a claim. It doesn’t take much to imagine the outcry from Republicans eager to stoke white resentment, especially in suburban swing districts where vulnerable Democrats might have a tough time explaining this plan to their constituents. In fact, the blowback has already begun. “[T]to determine who is a certain race and see who should get what money—as a policy matter, that is just something we absolutely oppose,” one unnamed GOP Senate aide recently told Politico .

Instead of Waters’ proposal, Democrats could also embrace a first-time homebuyer tax credit proposed by President Joe Biden as a candidate. Introduced by Democratic Congressmen Earl Blumenaue of Oregon and Jimmy Panetta of California, the First-Time Homebuyer Act would provide a refundable tax credit of up to 10 percent of the purchase price—up to $15,000—to any first-time homebuyer with an income at or below 160 percent of the area median income. Unlike the Waters’ proposal, this credit would be universally available (and thus universally more popular), albeit less generous.

But that’s not her point, now is it?

We have serious issues in front of us now.

1 Like

Doesn’t Fox have annnnnything better to do?

1 Like

Are you trying to minimize the harmful racial legacy of birds?

4 Likes

Do we have signature lines here?

When I read Uncle Remus stories, I think I imagine these voices in my head. I saw this scene dozens of times when I was a kid. I seen a house fly! Crazy how the brain works.

pronouns were popular in auto-sigs at my last university

Thank you for pointing out that she does NOT have pronouns in that signature.

1 Like