The peak woke thread (Part 1)

There is a limit to how much wokeness can be shoved down the throat of the American electorate. If you think this is a manufactured issue and these gentleman are not talking sense (I’ll acknowledge Bill Maher is reaching a bit this week), perhaps you’ll believe Steve Bannon

The surest path to Trump 2024, which I do not want to see, is overzealous wokeness and those who claim it doesn’t exist. They might as well just vote for Trump.

That article may be behind a paywall for some, for viewing right click on the article, select “copy link address”, open an incognito window, from the pull down menu select “more tools” and then “developer tools”, then press Ctl+Shift+P, then type “javascript” and select “debugger disable javascipt” then copy and paste the address into the incognito address bar.

3 Likes

cool, i was only looking for this quote and didn’t check or read the story, but now i can and will

1 Like

“Opinion”

He’s white. Doesn’t that make him racist by default these days? He must have already done something woke to get a special dispensation from the thought police.

He’s done a bunch of movies about people who actually did heroic things. That seems to be enough these days to ensure Sainthood.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

He was funny when he was that cowboy doll.

John Wayne was the model.

I was thinking that Hanks was a modern watered down version of the Duke.

Yeah, a PC version.

I’ve hated Hanks ever since he was in that stupid movie where he plays a kid in an adult body. There, I said it.

Oh sure…his breakout role releasing him from pretending to be a transvestite on TV. SHAME!

That was pretty stupid too, but he didn’t look bad in drag. Well, better than the other guy anyway.

Oh sure. Bash the gay guy acting like a tranvestite. SHAME!

Hanks is a good actor. He’s difficult to hate.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that guy isn’t gay.

OK, hate may be too strong of a word. I find him mildly annoying, and I’ve never been impressed by his acting skills. John Wayne wasn’t exactly a great actor either though.

2 Likes

You are correct.

He was married to Debra Steagal, and later to actress Cathy Trien, with whom he has two children.[6] One of his children is an aspiring pop star.[ citation needed ] He married long-time girlfriend Tracy Shayne in June 2013.[7]

I was thinking of another actor, maybe on Married with Children. His partner was suing Hanks’ film Philadelphia bc they said it was his partner’s real life story. A 20 year old memory of a tv interview finally gets er, straightened out. Thanks.

I rescind that final SHAME!

Your punishment is to trash Tom Hanks’ acting skills. Bonus points for trashing the soccer ball scene.

Hey, I’m a boring guy irl, so I talk calmly and get paid millions to pretend to be boring people who usually never even existed.

1 Like

Hey, I’m Tom Hanks. 'Member when I got the covid and brought it to Australia way back in the beginning and I didn’t catch no flak as a superspreader?

Country music singer Rita Wilson has marked the anniversary of her and husband Tom Hanks contracting Covid-19 with a heartfelt Instagram post. The two were among the first high-profile Hollywood stars to publicly come out with their positive diagnosis.

One year ago today I was playing the Sydney Opera House @sydneyoperahouse, the next day started feeling very tired and achy, two days later hospitalized with Covid 19,” Wilson wrote.

The two revealed their diagnosis on March 11 of last year. Wilson wrote that the couple were “thankful for the medical care we got in Queensland,” adding, “We share in the sorrow of each person who lost a loved one to this virus. I’m hopeful for so many being able to get the vaccine.”

Woker, woker…but still along way from the prize.

And are they calling her MTG to equate her lunacy with AOC’s?