The peak woke thread (Part 1)

What about when Dominoes added boba to their pizzas a couple years ago. One of my students brought some to class and offered me a slice. “Haha no thanks! :sweat_smile:

The real Karens in that article are the Asian academics.

3 Likes

They should be focusing their ire on the very real discrimination from Harvard admissions instead of this boo sheet.

2 Likes

You cannot preach equality and a level playing field, but still advocate the “obliteration” of a demographic of the population. And thankfully, the Judge agreed.

Ugh. This goes somewhere and Peak Woke is somewhere. Rochester, NY. City of dreams and light. :face_vomiting:

For decades, print and broadcast media have been dominated by liberals, but Facebook, Google and Twitter have developed a stranglehold over the delivery of news which exceeds anything that the three major broadcast networks and a few national newspapers every enjoyed. If they suppress a story or a line of argument, it largely disappears from public view. And to the extent that it lingers, it can be stigmatized by these multibillion-dollar companies as “misinformation” or “fake news.”

Speech suppression is evidently habit-forming. Which is why a constitutional amendment was passed back in the 1790s guaranteeing “freedom of speech, and of the press.” Or is that obsolete in these modern times?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/23/chris_cillizza_why_wokeness_is_the_biggest_threat_to_democrats_in_2022.html

Wow, when you lose Cillizza… :popcorn:

Unemployment crisis indeed for mascots

1 Like

This is just too good to not be in this thread.

1 Like

I prefer a pud of woke.

1 Like

whatever your politics, chik-fil-a on the thruway is such a fucking horrible idea - dedicating one of the limited options to a place closed on sunday? fuck that.

Never ending:

She’s presumably OK with teaching table manners that are biased against left-handed people.

Handism!

1 Like

It’s gooood.

It’s a fast food chicken sandwich salt bomb. maybe, slightly, better than the average fast food chicken sandwich (I’m not sure I actually even agree with that), but there’s only so much flavor in a skinless chicken breast (not much - probably why they dump so much salt on it). The fries are worse than average - they get chewy and gross super quick. Never understood the love (same with in-and-out btw - thin, dry burgers, crappy fries, but whatever).

That’s cause you don’t know the Tik-Tok hacks. :rofl:

You can’t whatever that.

The burger, I can give a pass to, because most small fast food burgers are kind of crappy and dry, and at least in-and-out’s are fresh. The fries though, are unforgivable. Soggy and limp, even when fresh from the fryer.

1 Like

Time to bring a little racial justice to your vegetable crisper. :grin:

That black market pricing? I’m unsure of the exchange rate.