The peak woke thread (Part 1)

But they may unwittingly be the subject of the discussion. That’s my point.

1 Like

West Point military cadets, university students? No sympathy

1 Like

I don’t think it’s even near that. If you’re on Twitter or post in “peak woke” threads, yeah, but otherwise, no way. It was a 4Chan gag that the media fell for. We don’t want to play that game.

1 Like

This is sort of funny unless you consider they spend have a $100m budget to spend on the 10-12k homeless people in the city…and use it for this kind of thing.

3 Likes

Maybe that stripper was homeless?

2 Likes

I hope I didn’t offend!

1 Like

These days? Fat chance.

4 Likes

Oh no you didn’t…

Besides, I was thinking that for that kind of cash, they could probably get a better stripper for each homeless person the city.

1 Like

okay.with.this

Because literally everyone knows that this is a co-opted white supremecist symbol, there is no chance that she didn’t know that she was supporting racist, right wing ideology. As such, this confirms my suspicion that she is in fact a plant to make leftists look bad.

If any person, organization, group, or collection of people allowed this racist symbol, they would be open to the same sort of criticism as the cadets and AOC, right :ok_hand: ?

3 Likes

5 Likes

That is especially true of US conservatives and their tendency to exaggerate identity politics related issues and dwell on them at all costs. A good description of a vocal minority with their penchant for dismissal of real social issues as ‘identity politics’ because it doesn’t affect their own personal situation.

3 Likes

These guys obviously trying to ‘hide’ the symbol down low in the photo says it all about intent.

What’s with the rightest arrogance? People aren’t stupid, no matter how furiously you google AOC or whatever other whataboutism target you conjure up. Bad acting 101.

Perfect example of a time when it’s best to stay silent and be thought a fool (or not) than speak and remove all doubt. The self-inflicted wounds are entertaining though, so thanks for that.

Two kids doing a hand sign is a real social issue?

4 Likes

Help.

I’m being oppressed.

1 Like

It’s clearly a huge problem.

3 Likes

The identity politics themed hand wringing that never ends is. Conservatives are far more engaged in them. I don’t hear about these issues from others, really.

4 Likes

It’s all about perceived intent! How dare you.

2 Likes

The investigation concluded that two fourth class midshipmen were “participating in a sophomoric game, commonly known as ‘the circle game,’” with West Point cadets during the pregame broadcast, the Naval Academy said in a statement.

“We are confident the hand gestures used were not intended to be racist in any way,” Vice Adm. Sean Buck, the academy’s superintendent, said in the statement. “However, we are disappointed by the immature behavior of the two fourth class midshipmen, and their actions will be appropriately addressed.”

1 Like